By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation Home Consoles Generate More Revenue Than Microsoft And Nintendo Combined, Double Since 2012

MohammadBadir said:
Well, home consoles, not surprising :P

It's not like Sony has handhelds or something....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

strangely enough i agree with all of this 

"strangely enough"?

It's an off topic discussion. Sony's financial services Division makes them far more money than mobile loses them. That fact, however, would be irrelevant in a thread specifically about the mobile division, in the same way his post is irrelevant to this thread. An article about Windows 10 would have no place bringing up Zune, etc.

We shall have to agree to disagree on that

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Considering that it's outselling the other two 2 to 1 combined with no price cuts that the Sony's home consoles revenue is that much higher. It seems a few of the other users were less than happy with this thread. They could just as easily make their own threads about handhelds or a comparison how well the big three are doing overall as companies.

wow nintendos revenue is pretty low even in 2012, just shows that the wii was just a bubble. Keep in mind that PlayStation 3 in 2012 had free online multiplayer while MS got free money for Multiplayer from its users, yet they still were just even.

Ah man the success of Sony with the PS4 makes me so warm and fuzzy inside, it's like they're apart of me. OMG this feeling is better than sex. Please keep selling well, I'll never get enough of this.

Around the Network

I'm surprised Sony was higher than Microsoft in 2012 considering online wasn't locked behind a paywall.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I'm surprised Sony was higher than Microsoft in 2012 considering online wasn't locked behind a paywall.

Sony incentivized people to sub to Plus even when it wasn't required for online play.  Hell I never play online and I'm subbed till 2017

I am Iron Man

It's not really a surprise. Sony has been outselling MS + Nintendo for a while, and unless their prices were dramatically lower, naturally their revenue should be higher than both combined. It's just common sense.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Sony incentivized people to sub to Plus even when it wasn't required for online play.  Hell I never play online and I'm subbed till 2017

Yes, but it was very few people (around 2 million). XBox at the time had over 20 million Gold subscribers. That's a huge difference (a billion dollars per year)

Ruler said:

wow nintendos revenue is pretty low even in 2012, just shows that the wii was just a bubble. Keep in mind that PlayStation 3 in 2012 had free online multiplayer while MS got free money for Multiplayer from its users, yet they still were just even.

Do keep in mind that this is just showing revenue generated from sales of the consoles itself.

It does not account for any other revenue stream.