By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict 1st Party (or similar) NX's launch window games

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

That's certainly possible! I just hope they aren't working on anything DK-related! That's my only wish.

I personaly would love Diddy Kong Racing.

I wouldn't mind a DKR2 either, but I just hope that Monster is the one developing it! I want Retro to work another Nintendo IP or make a new IP themselves! Raven Blade looked like it had a potential and I would like to see how a new IP developed by Retro would look like!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Releasing currently one of the most wanted Nintendo games in January!?

Not gona happen.

I know but honestly I have no idea how many other Metroid fans are out there after so long, plus my release schedule is ment to make it so in the first 6 months Nintendo keeps delivering games so that most of the fans get a reason to buy the console :v

Metroid itself was never huger seller, but it's very important and strong franchise that makes lots of hype. So probably holiday season or May-June like Nintendo done with Mario Kart and Splatoon.

Soundwave said:
I think Zelda NX + Mario NX + Dragon Quest XI is the golden ticket 1-2-3 punch for Nintendo that will carry them through the launch window.

Normally only Mario would be there in this case, but if they are smart and move Zelda U to also be an NX game, that virtually assures them a good 1-2 combo for launch and gives them the luxury of moving Mario into 1-3 months after launch which will kill that dreaded post-launch drought and ensure good momentum.

DQXI is huge for Japan and will bring other Japanese support to the table like a snowball effect.

Only problem I see for DQXI is that SQ few days ago said that game will be released by May 2017. in Japan, so DQXI maybe wont arive for Q4 2016. in Japan, not to mention West.

I am pretty sure that new 3D Mario will be NX launch title.

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:

I personaly would love Diddy Kong Racing.

I wouldn't mind a DKR2 either, but I just hope that Monster is the one developing it! I want Retro to work another Nintendo IP or make a new IP themselves! Raven Blade looked like it had a potential and I would like to see how a new IP developed by Retro would look like!

There was that rumour: 

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is a collaboration between Monster Games and Retro Studios with Kensuke Tanabe as the producer. Monster Games is also working on another side (small) project that isn’t related to Diddy Kong Racing 2.  Retro Studios is working on a separate main project of their own as well.  https://kevincallahangames.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/the-strange-development-of-diddy-kong-racing-2/

This year from same source we got rumour that Diddy Kong Racing 2 is now NX game, also in June Nintendo Files Diddy Kong Trademark in Europe.

Miyamotoo said:

AZWification said:

There was that rumour: 

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is a collaboration between Monster Games and Retro Studios with Kensuke Tanabe as the producer. Monster Games is also working on another side (small) project that isn’t related to Diddy Kong Racing 2.  Retro Studios is working on a separate main project of their own as well.  https://kevincallahangames.wordpress.com/2014/07/09/the-strange-development-of-diddy-kong-racing-2/

This year from same source we got rumour that Diddy Kong Racing 2 is now NX game, also in June Nintendo Files Diddy Kong Trademark in Europe.

As long as Retro is also working on a bigger project then I'm 100% OK with them developing DKR2 along with Monster! It also seems likely since Miyamoto once said that Retro is capable enough of working on 2 games at the same time.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Scisca said:
I just hope they fill the inevitable Nintendo droughts with remakes of Wii U games, so NX won't be a repeat of Wii U. There are some wonderful games on that console that never got the attention they truely deserved because of the platform. A Xenoblade Chronicles X looking even better than what they showed during the first reveal would be a great magnet for core audience. They have over a year to push it to next level and possibly get even more sales than the Wii U original.

NX will maybe have BC or Nintendo will simply port Wii U games to NX if there is no BC, there will not be Wii U remakes.

About software drouths, all that Nintendo talk about merging handheld and home consoles devisons and about that handled and home console will be like brothers and not completely separate like before, is to prevent software droughts. Basically they will make in some time game for handheld and home console, something similar like they done Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

We can only guess what N is going to do in terms of BC, but lets be frank - it really isn't a must-have feature. If I was Nintendo I'd drop the PowerPC architecture and go x86 like PS4 and Xbone. No point repeating what Sony did with OG PS3 and keeping the old hardware inside for HW BC, it only makes the console expensive and Nintendo doesn't want that. It'd be better and cheaper if they asked their low tier studios to port these 12-15 worthwhile Wii U games, after that they could start remastering the biggest games from the Wii (SMG, DKCR, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.) in glorious 1080p/60fps and with similar treatment to what Zelda:WW got. That's much better than wasting money on HW BC.

When it comes to BC, I think they should only keep the WiiMotes and GamePads compatible, but with a normal controler being the basic bundled one. GamePad and WiiMotes should be optional, sold separately for people wanting the Wii experience or off-tv play. And they should redesigne the GamePad, it should be FullHD and more modern, cause as far as I know it's expensive because its tech is so old that nobody uses it anymore. Basically, it would be a nice move towards Wii U owners, who could at least still use their GamePads with the new console and it would allow Nintendo to earn some more money from gamers who buy a new GamePad.

Also, I think people may be overestimating what the merging of the divisions will give. After all, there is a massive, massive gap between current home console games (PS4/Xbone level) and 3DS games. 3DS devs will have to learn how to make these HD games and will require the same learning time as Nintendo home console devs needed at the beginning of Wii U. Also, just because Nintendo is capable of pumping out 20 3DS games per year doesn't mean that these teams will make 20 NX games. They'll make 2 or 3 instead. I mean, just compare that upcoming Metroid space football shooter to Halo 5 or Uncharted 4... So yeah, I'm fairly certain that Nintendo will need Wii U ports (preferably somewhat improved to take advantage of better hardware) in order to avoid the killer droughts, especially in the first year.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

3D Mario at launch
Zelda NX (Zelda U) around Feb
Metroid 3d - April
Animal Crossing NX - June

or the gap would be around 3 months with somewhat lesser titles in between.

Miyamotoo said:
Luke888 said:
Let's see...

January:
Metroid NX

Not gona happen.

People keep saying games like Metroid and F-Zero are the most wanted games from Nintendo. It's a bit delusional, neither game franchise is big or important. Both are tremendously overrated.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Not gona happen.

People keep saying games like Metroid and F-Zero are the most wanted games from Nintendo. It's a bit delusional, neither game franchise is big or important. Both are tremendously overrated.

The Games themselves aren't overrated, it's the number of fans/sales that they are supposed to do that is overrated

I'd like if the NX had more diversity, it's been like 3 years and the Wii U doesn't have a single god damn RPG, this CANNOT happen again.

Unless of course you count Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex... which i don't, PS3/360 ports of games everyone already played... yeah no.