By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict 1st Party (or similar) NX's launch window games

zorg1000 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

So you expect in less than a year and a half, Nintendo to release 3 major Mario games for the same platform? Mario Kart, Mario Maker, and 3D Mario will certainly be more spaced out than that, unless this thing gets into trouble and its a handheld.

Why is that odd?

3DS launch-Feb 2011

Super Mario 3D Land-Nov 2011, Mario Kart 7-Dec 2011, New Super Mario Bros 2-July 2012

Wii U launch-Nov 2012

New Super Mario Bros U-Nov 2012, Super Mario 3D World-Nov 2013, Mario Kart 8-May 2014

Both current devices had those within 1.5 years of launch.

I guess I shouldn't assume Ninty will not keep their current release schedule. I find it hard to believe Ninty will stick to their old scheduling because there is no need to do that with a unified line up. Ninty had to do those things to build momentum for their plats. Ninty could easily space major Mario titles out with a unified plat.

Around the Network

I just hope they fill the inevitable Nintendo droughts with remakes of Wii U games, so NX won't be a repeat of Wii U. There are some wonderful games on that console that never got the attention they truely deserved because of the platform. A Xenoblade Chronicles X looking even better than what they showed during the first reveal would be a great magnet for core audience. They have over a year to push it to next level and possibly get even more sales than the Wii U original.

N should take a page from Sony porting The Last of Us and all the benefits that port gave them - not only decent sales, but also having a massive hit game to bundle with the console. They can start porting Wii U games day 1, since they are going for an audience that never owned a Wii U and couldn't experience these wonderful games.
They have to make sure that they release at least one first party game every single month - be it a new game or a Wii U remake. The usual suspects of Zelda NX, Metroid, SMG3, Animal Crossing, a party game, etc. should be supported by DK:TF, Bayo2, Zelda:WW, Smash, Mario Kart 8 (both with online shared with Wii U), etc. They should sprinkle new games with ports for the first 18 months, so that the release is jam packed no matter what 3rd parties do with their console.

PS. I bloody hope that NX will be more powerful than the PS4. Enough with these stupid shenaningans already. A game that runs 900p/30fps on Xbone and 1080p/30fps on PS4 should run 1080p/60fps on NX and we would have a winner. With the extra time and advanced technology there is no excuse for Nintendo at this point.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

I guess so. Still, I will believe it only when Metroid Prime 4 gets announced officially by Nintendo.

Of Course, we don't know anything for sure on what game Retro is doing, but I think it will be launch in NX 1st year what ever it is.

That's certainly possible! I just hope they aren't working on anything DK-related! That's my only wish.

I personaly would love Diddy Kong Racing.

VaultDweller said:
Pilotwings, an amiibo game, maybe SNES Remix or another console remix, 2D Mario, Mario Party, Kirby (maybe Air Ride) and Splatoon.

That would be terrible launch, and even worse 1st year.

Luke888 said:
Let's see...

January:
Metroid NX

Releasing currently one of the most wanted Nintendo games in January!?

Not gona happen.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
I predict lots of mario and mini games.

To be honest I hope nobody buys it so ninty can go 3rd party.

Yea, keep dreaming.

Nintendo is making money even with Wii U.

Scisca said:
I just hope they fill the inevitable Nintendo droughts with remakes of Wii U games, so NX won't be a repeat of Wii U. There are some wonderful games on that console that never got the attention they truely deserved because of the platform. A Xenoblade Chronicles X looking even better than what they showed during the first reveal would be a great magnet for core audience. They have over a year to push it to next level and possibly get even more sales than the Wii U original.

NX will maybe have BC or Nintendo will simply port Wii U games to NX if there is no BC, there will not be Wii U remakes.

About software drouths, all that Nintendo talk about merging handheld and home consoles devisons and about that handled and home console will be like brothers and not completely separate like before, is to prevent software droughts. Basically they will make in some time game for handheld and home console, something similar like they done Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Miyamotoo said:
Luke888 said:
Let's see...

January:
Metroid NX

Releasing currently one of the most wanted Nintendo games in January!?

Not gona happen.

I know but honestly I have no idea how many other Metroid fans are out there after so long, plus my release schedule is ment to make it so in the first 6 months Nintendo keeps delivering games so that most of the fans get a reason to buy the console :v

I think Zelda NX + Mario NX + Dragon Quest XI is the golden ticket 1-2-3 punch for Nintendo that will carry them through the launch window.

Normally only Mario would be there in this case, but if they are smart and move Zelda U to also be an NX game, that virtually assures them a good 1-2 combo for launch and gives them the luxury of moving Mario into 1-3 months after launch which will kill that dreaded post-launch drought and ensure good momentum.

DQXI is huge for Japan and will bring other Japanese support to the table like a snowball effect.

If it's true that Nintendo is really supposedly "doubling up their eSports" game, then they should release Melee HD with nothing changed if they were smart...