By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict 1st Party (or similar) NX's launch window games

Jumpin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Releasing currently one of the most wanted Nintendo games in January!?

Not gona happen.

People keep saying games like Metroid and F-Zero are the most wanted games from Nintendo. It's a bit delusional, neither game franchise is big or important. Both are tremendously overrated.

Really!? Tell that to all people that were disappointment and furious after Metroid Prime: Federation Force announcement, because they wanted real Metroid Prime game not some sort of spin off.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Miyamotoo said:

NX will maybe have BC or Nintendo will simply port Wii U games to NX if there is no BC, there will not be Wii U remakes.

About software drouths, all that Nintendo talk about merging handheld and home consoles devisons and about that handled and home console will be like brothers and not completely separate like before, is to prevent software droughts. Basically they will make in some time game for handheld and home console, something similar like they done Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

We can only guess what N is going to do in terms of BC, but lets be frank - it really isn't a must-have feature. If I was Nintendo I'd drop the PowerPC architecture and go x86 like PS4 and Xbone. No point repeating what Sony did with OG PS3 and keeping the old hardware inside for HW BC, it only makes the console expensive and Nintendo doesn't want that. It'd be better and cheaper if they asked their low tier studios to port these 12-15 worthwhile Wii U games, after that they could start remastering the biggest games from the Wii (SMG, DKCR, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc.) in glorious 1080p/60fps and with similar treatment to what Zelda:WW got. That's much better than wasting money on HW BC.

Also, I think people may be overestimating what the merging of the divisions will give. After all, there is a massive, massive gap between current home console games (PS4/Xbone level) and 3DS games. 3DS devs will have to learn how to make these HD games and will require the same learning time as Nintendo home console devs needed at the beginning of Wii U. Also, just because Nintendo is capable of pumping out 20 3DS games per year doesn't mean that these teams will make 20 NX games. They'll make 2 or 3 instead. I mean, just compare that upcoming Metroid space football shooter to Halo 5 or Uncharted 4... So yeah, I'm fairly certain that Nintendo will need Wii U ports (preferably somewhat improved to take advantage of better hardware) in order to avoid the killer droughts, especially in the first year.

Offcourse we can only gues about BC, but Iwata said: "it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture. It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately." so there are some chances for some sort of BC, and even there will not be classic BC, Nintendo will port (simply ports not remakes) Wii U games to NX, not remaster them.

But I can also see some Wii remakes on NX, like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP and Zelda SS.

Nintendo said that in modern age they cant effectively support two different platforms (we saw this with WiiU and 3DS), so they want to merge handheld and home consoles and connect them as much as possible, so basically same platform with two or more devices, like Nintendo said they will become brothers in family of systems.

There is massive gap between PS4/Xbox One games, even between 3DS and Wii U, but doesn't mean that gap will be same with next hardware too, Nintendo will probably choice same architecture for handheld and home console, that will enabling them cross development, they already merged they handheld and home console teams, now they just need same architecture. 

I think you dont realise what Nintendo is doing here, now we have around half of Nintendo teams that makes games for one platform (3DS) and another half of teams that makes games for another platform (Wii U), so that leads to like you said "killer droughts", and Nintendo plan is that both teams make games just for one platform, that will make things much better than this gen with 3DS/WiiU.

Jumpin said:
Miyamotoo said:

Releasing currently one of the most wanted Nintendo games in January!?

Not gona happen.

People keep saying games like Metroid and F-Zero are the most wanted games from Nintendo. It's a bit delusional, neither game franchise is big or important. Both are tremendously overrated.

Since when are sales an indicator of quality, lol?

Obviously dumbed down games are going to sell more than games that require a brain. Games like Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer sell to the lowest common denominator and above (i.e they restrict no one). Games like Metroid only sell to a more sophisticated group of people.

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

Obviously dumbed down games are going to sell more than games that require a brain. Games like Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer sell to the lowest common denominator and above (i.e they restrict no one). Games like Metroid only sell to a more sophisticated group of people.

Damn.

I would tell you to get off your high horse, but by this point you're so high up I doubt you'd survive the fall.

What I said is very much true.

Some Twilight Book will be read by more people than Tolstoy, I wonder why?

Ps: I'm a fan of games that are accesible to everyone as long as they have optional content that is challenging (like Super Mario 3D World). An 8 year-old can play Super Mario 3D World and still do ok (an adult can help with the gamepad if needed). I would never give a Metroid game to an 8-year old...

First year -
Zelda , Mario Galaxy 3, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4, Lego city Unercover 2, Ultimate Snes remix,
Dragon Quest XI, Luigi's Mansion 3, Monster hunter 4 Ultimate HD, New Metroid Prime and a new nintendo land game modeled after their Universal theme park area.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Ps: I'm a fan of games that are accesible to everyone as long as they have optional content that is challenging (like Super Mario 3D World). An 8 year-old can play Super Mario 3D World and still do ok (an adult can help with the gamepad if needed). I would never give a Metroid game to an 8-year old...

Many people were around 8-10 when they first played Metroid, I was 9 when I played Super Metroid so I think you've got a flawed view here. Metroid is no more sophiscated then Zelda the problem is that Metroid is niche in its concept.

Wyrdness said:
Samus Aran said:

Many people were around 8-10 when they first played Metroid, I was 9 when I played Super Metroid so I think you've got a flawed view here. Metroid is no more sophiscated then Zelda the problem is that Metroid is niche in its concept.

Unless you have a source to back that up and show they were able to complete the game there's not much we can discuss here. Your average 8 year-old isn't going to play Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Metroid is a lot harder than most Zelda games.

TP: easy

MM: easy

OoT: easy

ALBW: easy

Minish Cap: easy

WW: easy

Most Metroid games don't guide you a lot, almost every Zelda game tells you where to go in great detail.

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

Unless you have a source to back that up and show they were able to complete the game there's not much we can discuss here. Your average 8 year-old isn't going to play Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Please.

Majora's Mask is harder than most Metroid games I've played.

It's easy if you understand the mechanics. The songs help you out immensely. It's the only Zelda game I ever completed 100%.

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:
mZuzek said:

Please.

Majora's Mask is harder than most Metroid games I've played.

It's easy if you understand the mechanics. The songs help you out immensely. It's the only Zelda game I ever completed 100%.

Oh ok, thanks for the tip. I didn't even know there were songs.

The songs to slow down time and speed things up are hidden. With these songs in your arsenal you shouldn't have any problem.

Those 3 (or 4) mini-dungeons to unlock the fierce deity mask were hard though.

Samus Aran said:

Most Metroid games don't guide you a lot, almost every Zelda game tells you where to go in great detail.

Really how old do you think people were back in 86 when Metroid first launched and 94 when Super Metroid was launched, unless you're trying to tell me most of the original Metroid fans are in their 40s-50s now I'm going to call your view out here as the games aren't as complex as you claim.

Kids are also much smarter then you're trying to make out, a kid growing up in today's world could easily learn to play through an Metroid game.