By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict 1st Party (or similar) NX's launch window games

I don't know about launch window, but for the 1st year I'm guessing they'll have Zelda (U, optimized for NX ala Twilight Princess for Wii), a new 3D Mario, a Pokemon game, the next full-on Animal Crossing, some casual Wii Sports/Nintendoland-like game, whatever Retro's working on (probably some more mature-oriented title for diversity, not another DKC), as well as some Wii U ports and remakes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

A 2D Mario, probably with a Mario Maker, Zelda U, a Mii game (probably something like NX sports, this time with online multiplayer)...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

He also said that it would take 3 years to make one, so who knows!

Well DKTF was finished at end of 2013. :)

I guess so. Still, I will believe it only when Metroid Prime 4 gets announced officially by Nintendo.

Of Course, we don't know anything for sure on what game Retro is doing, but I think it will be launch in NX 1st year what ever it is.

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

I guess so. Still, I will believe it only when Metroid Prime 4 gets announced officially by Nintendo.

Of Course, we don't know anything for sure on what game Retro is doing, but I think it will be launch in NX 1st year what ever it is.

That's certainly possible! I just hope they aren't working on anything DK-related! That's my only wish.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Pilotwings, an amiibo game, maybe SNES Remix or another console remix, 2D Mario, Mario Party, Kirby (maybe Air Ride) and Splatoon.

Around the Network

Buy the Super Monkey Ball franchise and launch NX with a new Amazing Monkey Ball game, similar to 1-2 and Banana Blitz.

But seriously, something Mario is the only safe bet.

I predict lots of mario and mini games.

To be honest I hope nobody buys it so ninty can go 3rd party.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Let's see...

October:
Mario 3D (Hopefully Galaxy 3);
Zelda U porting;
Pokken Porting;
Nintendoland Like game showing off new gimmiks;
New IP.

November:
Animal Crossing NX;
Smash 4 Premium Edition;

December:
Mother 4 (making impossible calls over here but I neded a HUGE game for Christmas :v)

January:
Metroid NX

February:
Kid Icarus NX (best gift ever for S.Valentine)

March:
Xenoblade spin-off cuz Nintendo

June:
Codename S.T.E.A.M. sequel, possibly with different graphics because that was the problem with the game...
F-Zero NX announcement at E3 releas date TBD (I know it isn't a release but with all these big names in the first year people would be upset if I didn't name F-Zero)

August:
Splatoon 2

September:
Kirby NX (special game in memory of Mr. Iwata)

So this is how you build a good instal base imho, keep in mind that if Nintendo follows this list NX will sell so much that they won't even have the problem of having used most of the main IPs in the first year

Serious_frusting said:
I predict lots of mario and mini games.

To be honest I hope nobody buys it so ninty can go 3rd party.

Half Life 3 getting released is more likely to happen than that.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Since Super mario galaxy there has been a home console 3d mario every 3 years, so there will probably be one due in 2016. A port of zelda wii u is looking likely and hopefully a new metroid game some when in mid 2017, that's my main wish at the moment anything else is just a bonus. For me the 3d iterations of zelda, metroid and mario are the holy trinity of gaming. To have my three favourite franchises during the launch window would be incredible (even if zelda is just a port).