By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Look at how many Americans truly love Donald Trump!

Azuren said:
For the sake of argument, I keep hearing that he would be an awful president, etc etc... But can anyone tell me why? Legitimate reasons for things he said that he WILL do, and why that would have a negative impact.

Besides the fact that he's a cantankerous asshole who will more than likely do huge harm to our relationship with any country he meets with? I really don't have time to go over everything, so I'll just do one.

Lets go with his wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

There are several really glaring issues with building a wall to stop illegal immigration. They include,

1. The illegal immigrant population on the U.S. has actually been dropping since 2007. Going from 12.2 million, down to 11.3 million in 2014.

2. Only about half of illegal immigrants who enter the United States each year are Mexican. Many of them are Caribean, or Asian.

3. Economists don't actually agree on the effects of illegal immigration, some say it's bad for the economy, other say it's good.

4. A single mile or single layer fence currently costs an average of 3.9 million dollars. So you'd be looking at a project in the tens of billions of dollars (Which Trump plans to make Mexico pay for...somehow) to partialy solve a problem that is getting better on it's own and we aren't even really sure how bad of a problem it is.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

4. A single mile or single layer fence currently costs an average of 3.9 million dollars. So you'd be looking at a project in the tens of billions of dollars (Which Trump plans to make Mexico pay for...somehow) to partialy solve a problem that is getting better on it's own and we aren't even really sure how bad of a problem it is.

Interestingly enough, the main factors in illegal immigration are the conditions in the area that the people are immigrating from, not the conditions in the place they are immigrating to. Because of that, it seems a little backwards to demand that Mexico pay billions of dollars to build this fence - which could cause more problems than it may solve - when they could be using that money to help better living conditions in Mexico, improving the situation for both the USA and Mexico.

Normchacho said:
Azuren said:
For the sake of argument, I keep hearing that he would be an awful president, etc etc... But can anyone tell me why? Legitimate reasons for things he said that he WILL do, and why that would have a negative impact.

Besides the fact that he's a cantankerous asshole who will more than likely do huge harm to our relationship with any country he meets with? I really don't have time to go over everything, so I'll just do one.

There are several really glaring issues with building a wall to stop illegal immigration. They include,

1. The illegal immigrant population on the U.S. has actually been dropping since 2007. Going from 12.2 million, down to 11.3 million in 2014.

2. Only about half of illegal immigrants who enter the United States each year are Mexican. Many of them are Caribean, or Asian.

3. Economists don't actually agree on the effects of illegal immigration, some say it's bad for the economy, other say it's good.

1.) First off, that makes absolutely no sense and I would love for you to provide the source where you got this info from so I can rip that source apart.  There are about 400,000 people crossing the border illegaly each year and this information is coming from Obama himself. So yes, illegal immigration is an issue and has been for a long time.

2.) How does this make Trump a bad person?  You just simply stated who is coming across the border...

3.) So because people don't agree, Trump is a bad person?  Please tell me who these economists are and the source so yet again I can rip that source apart.  I would just like for you to give me just one reason why illegal immigrants are better for this country as opposed to those same people coming over legally.

4.)  So because you don't understand how Trump, who is worth 10 billion dollars, would make Mexico build the wall, he is therefore a bad presidential candidate? Let me guess, Obama is a wonderful person for giving 150 billion dollars to Iran who is saying "Death to America, death to Israel".

@bold - I can't even take you seriously when you say things are "getting better" and "aren't even really sure" in the same sentence.

Sentient_Nebula said:
mah062 said:

Explain to me how I'm wrong. I'll provide facts.

Just because I thought your statements were funny is irrelevant to whether or not I agreed with them. (To be clear, I don't really think most of your viewpoints are the ideal ones. But I never did state that in my previous post) Here are the issues I had with your post:

• Claiming most Democratic voters as "relying on welfare/foodstamps" and as "non-white" (Not sure if you're intentionally souding racist with that one)
  • When "a white cop kills a black kid, but is silent when it's the other way around" is mostly the fault of mainstream media, not polititians.
  • Many illegal immigrants take jobs even if they're not US citizens. They're often paid "under the table" earning less than minimum wage, and not paying taxes.
  • Saying that Republicans "don't see solor" when clearly you're the one who doesn't like the "non-whites" voting democrat and working jobs.
  • Taxing corporations more has little-to-no influence over how many people they employ. Coroprations will hire as many people as they need, and they'll cut jobs to improve profitability regardless. And they certainly won't make more jobs just because they have excess profits.

I don't have very many opinions when it comes to politics. I support facts, and things that are proven to improve the quality of living for the majority of people. Unfortunately, many people are too resistant to reason and common sense.

With that said, a lot of Republican polititians don't have a good rep in my mind, since a significant portion of them are against gay/lesbian rights, don't understand the importance of post-secondary education, deny the Theory of Evolution, claim that human-induced climate change is a hoax, and consider space exploration "pointless"

Prove me wrong. I'd love to see you try. Between 70-80% of all people on any kind of government aid vote democrat.

http://rare.us/story/81-of-people-receiving-public-housing-benefits-vote-democratic-and-thats-just-the-tip-of-the-handout-iceberg/

And im sure you know that the minorities in this country. Mexicans and blacks in particular vote democrat 90% of the time. You do the math. How much of the U.S. Population is that?

I agree with you, most illegal immigrants do have jobs under the table. How do we stop that? DEPORT THEM AND LOCK DOWN THE BORDER.

i never said republicans "don't see color". I said if the people of this country want racism to go away, the first that needs to go is minority benefits. Because, by definition, that in itself, is stereotypical and racist.

You act like corporations have a set number of jobs they need, and they'll employ that certain number of people regardless. Are you serious? You can't be serious. Take a McDonald's for example. They can hire anywhere between 7-12or so employees. When you're talking about the thousands of McDonald's, that's a lot of jobs. McDonald's will simply put a machine in place to do the cashiers job. Especially if minimum wage is raised. I don't care about gays. Honestly, it's about 1% of the country. We have much larger issues to discuss. I believe evolution exists. I think space exploration is too expensive. And I think climate change is bullshit. We are currently moving away from an ice age. 

Oh my... In God we Trump?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

I think the lady in pink is frozen with fear that Trump will feast on her child's brains!

Trump is easily the best troll during these elections

Also that screaming lady has a hilarious face

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Jimbo1337 said:
Normchacho said:

1.) First off, that makes absolutely no sense and I would love for you to provide the source where you got this info from so I can rip that source apart.  There are about 400,000 people crossing the border illegaly each year and this information is coming from Obama himself. So yes, illegal immigration is an issue and has been for a long time.

2.) How does this make Trump a bad person?  You just simply stated who is coming across the border...

3.) So because people don't agree, Trump is a bad person?  Please tell me who these economists are and the source so yet again I can rip that source apart.  I would just like for you to give me just one reason why illegal immigrants are better for this country as opposed to those same people coming over legally.

4.)  So because you don't understand how Trump, who is worth 10 billion dollars, would make Mexico build the wall, he is therefore a bad presidential candidate? Let me guess, Obama is a wonderful person for giving 150 billion dollars to Iran who is saying "Death to America, death to Israel".

@bold - I can't even take you seriously when you say things are "getting better" and "aren't even really sure" in the same sentence.

Lets get something straight here. I'm not saying that those points make him a bad person, I'm saying that the border wall is a bad idea.

1. It's true that roughly 400,000 people enter the U.S. illegally each year, but that's not a net number. Since 2007 more people have been going into Mexico from the United States.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/24/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/flow-of-illegal-immigration-slows-as-us-mexico-border-dynamics-evolve/2015/05/27/c5caf02c-006b-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

2. This is important because it means that building the border wall will at best stop about half of the people crossing into the U.S. illegally.

3. That's not what I said, I didn't say it was better for the economy than legal immigration. I said some economists believe having them in the U.S. is better than not having them in the U.S.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/foreign-policy/203984-illegal-immigrants-benefit-the-us-economy

4. First off, lets get something straight. Trump is a liar. After his claim that he was worth more than 10 billion dollars, Business Insider took at look at his assets and found that he's really worth about 2.9 billion dollars. Anyways, it's both very unlikely that he could get Mexico to spend nearly 3% of it's entire budget on a wall for the United States, and a bad idea to even ask them to do it. The single largest factor in the slow of illegal immigration is the improvement in Mexicos economy. Hurting that now would only make things worse.

That's not even talking about the cost of Trumps plan to deport all of the illegal immigrants either, which is estimated to cost roughly 140 billion dollars.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/donald-trump-immigration-cost-20150818

Oh, and I assume you're talking about the $55 billion in Irans own assets that would theoretically become unfrozen once the deal is concluded. I say theoretically, of course, because much of that money is already tied up in other place. Meaning Iran wouldn't actually get that money.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/treasury-iran-150-billion-nuclear-deal_55b8dc41e4b0224d88348e1c

You do realize that though those are in the same sentence, they pertain to different aspects of the same topic. The first (getting better) is talking about the size of the problem (how many people are entering the U.S. illegally), the second part (aren't even really sure) is in relation to how severe the problem is (what effect illegal immigration has on the U.S. economy). That shouldn't have been that difficult to grasp.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Jimbo1337 said:

Here is your source, showing that the unauthorized immigrant population peaked in '07 and has been decreasing since then. Also worth noting, that the 400,000 number you cited is still significantly lower than what it has been in previous years.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2014/09/03/as-growth-stalls-unauthorized-immigrant-population-becomes-more-settled/

EDIT: Normchacho already addressed everything I did, but in a much more comprehensive manor, so theres really no point to post this I guess

Aeolus451 said:
RadiantDanceMachine said:
No one can seriously vote for a Republican candidate in this day and age. It's the party of policies that are proven not to work, the party of intolerance under the guise of religious freedom, and the party of science denial.

It doesn't matter which one of the clowns represent the party because they are merely an impending loser.

Last time I checked, republicans took control of congress from the liberals and next will be the white house.  

Wanna bet? Loser leaves this website forever.