By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which system will you buy Zelda U for?

Assuming an NX port.

Wii U 83 46.11%

NX 64 35.56%

Both 33 18.33%

Total:180

I'm one of those people who believe that there will be a  dual release of Zelda U on Wii U and codename NX next year. Now zelda may not be able to attain the sales of mario and pokemon but in terms of its  developement cycle, cost, production values, ambition and scope it is their most prestigious franchise. So Zelda U is a very important game for nintendo, too important to put it solely on a dying system. So an NX port seems logical and next to certain. Also i don't understand why some people dislike this idea, it is not like Nintendo is releasing the game on PS4/Xbone is it? It is being ported to a system that will probably be supported and valued by nintendo and nintendo fans far more than the Wii u has ever been.

Now which console to buy it for, I can say with certainty that i will buy the game for both systems. The Wii U version because that is the system the game was originally created for and because of the gamepad integration and the NX version because of the different control scheme and the higher technical performance. I know other people will differ and probably think it is a waste of money to buy the game twice but thats just me, so anyway what system will you Zelda U buy it for.

On a side note i do hope nintendo releases the full experience at launch instead of wasting time with dlc. As soon as production of Zelda U is finished i hope they have a rest then immediately crack on with the next 3D home console zelda and make sure it releases no later than 2020.

Around the Network

WiiU cause I already own the system and I probably wont be getting the NX at launch unless its a handheld

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'll probably get it on Wii U, even if it's on both.

I'm not planning to get Nintendo's next platform around launch, as I prefer to hold off from buying consoles until there are games that I'm strongly interested in.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

These threads just need to stop.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I won't be getting NX at launch, so I'll get it on the Wii U.

Around the Network

People act like Zelda U has already been announced for NX... lol

Wii U, that console actually exists unlike NX :P

RolStoppable said:
Only for NX.

I'll unwrap my copy in front of my Wii U while saying: "Your run has come to an end. It's time to move over, you piece of trash." Then I'll spit on the Wii U for good measure.

Paatar said:
These threads just need to stop.

Well we went a good week or two (I think) without a pointless NX/Zelda U thread, but you know they are not going to stop until next year at the earliest.

RolStoppable said:
Only for NX.

I'll unwrap my copy in front of my Wii U while saying: "Your run has come to an end. It's time to move over, you piece of trash." Then I'll spit on the Wii U for good measure.

thats a bit too far xD