By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fires editor for appearing in a podcast, Cliff Bleszinski buts in

Do you have a link to the podcast that I can see?
If what you say is all true, than I agree with you 100%.

Around the Network

I use to be a Cliff apologist until the guy banned me from twitter simply because I said Taylor Swift doesn't write her own music. Yes, that's right....

He's a talented guy, but one of the most insecure minds in gaming. The only one who's more insecure is Fish, but that isn't saying much.

AlfredoTurkey said:

I use to be a Cliff apologist until the guy banned me from twitter simply because I said Taylor Swift doesn't write her own music. Yes, that's right....

He's a talented guy, but one of the most insecure minds in gaming. The only one who's more insecure is Fish, but that isn't saying much.

I always knew the guy was childish, but that´s a whole new level...

Mr.Playstation said:
No, he didn't deserve to be sacked. Also for those saying that he broke the rule and hence deserved to be sacked, you should all realise that this forum also has rules but I'm sure everyone has broken them ounce or twice.

It's also a very stupid rule...

I too believe that obeying the terms and conditions of an internet forum are akin to honoring the terms of an employment contract, and know that the consequences of breach are the same. I also believe that making public comments that can - and in the internet age will - be taken by some as indicative of my employer's official position without my employer's authority or knowledge qualifies as a mere "whoopsie," and I know that the vast majority of mid-sized and larger companies in the world do not have nearly identical rules in place for thier employees.

MoHasanie said:
He broke the rules and its fair, but the rule is stupid in the first place.

It's not stupid. It's a rule most companies have, to keep a tight reign on their communications with the media.

Around the Network

I never heard of that Cliff guy before today, but now in the future I'll remember that he's a scum sucker.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

noname2200 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
No, he didn't deserve to be sacked. Also for those saying that he broke the rule and hence deserved to be sacked, you should all realise that this forum also has rules but I'm sure everyone has broken them ounce or twice.

It's also a very stupid rule...

I too believe that obeying the terms and conditions of an internet forum are akin to honoring the terms of an employment contract, and know that the consequences of breach are the same. I also believe that making public comments that can - and in the internet age will - be taken by some as indicative of my employer's official position without my employer's authority or knowledge qualifies as a mere "whoopsie," and I know that the vast majority of mid-sized and larger companies in the world do not have nearly identical rules in place for thier employees.

No way! Forums arent a form of employment and theres no money involved. If VGchartz considers me an employee, I resign!

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Read all the things he said, not at all surprised that he was fired. Pulling back the veil on the process, declaring some fanbases too small to warrant localizing games etc... That's a big no-no even if it's true.

I certainly feel very bad for the guy given he says it was his dream job, but Employees cannot take it upon themselves to speak for their employers in ways not agreed upon ahead of time. This could happen to anyone from just about any large company (ESPECIALLY in the insular culture that is japanese business), and this cliff guy knows that... He seems to be quite the attention seeker and really ought to butt out.

If there's one surprise here it's that this became big news; such firings happen all the time.

What the hell is Cliffy B's problem even supposed to be? He should just shut up sometimes.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I believe that Cliffy is blowing it out of proportion and that Nintendo was justified by firing Chris Pranger for speaking out without permission.