By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Sony make up for no GamesCom in the upcoming conferences?

Mystro-Sama said:
They'll make up for this at TGS. I didn't even know there was a Paris conference.

They're going into more detail about Dreams there.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Mystro-Sama said:
They'll make up for this at TGS. I didn't even know there was a Paris conference.

They're going into more detail about Dreams there.

Good, because no one knows shit about that game.

Sony will destroy Nintendo and Microsoft with Paris Game Week, Tokyo Game Show and Playstation Experience!!!

TBH I don't think it really matters...

Mystro-Sama said:

Good, because no one knows shit about that game.

Oh, I do. I know exactly what it is simply because I know how to strip away the deliberate mystery MM are using to conceal it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Sony doesn't have to make anything. Their show is in Paris this year along with the rest of the industry.

They don't have anything to make up for. They'll still be at others that the competitors won't be at. There's pretty much no chance MS will ever catch them, unless they pull the stuff MS pulled early this gen, imo.

It seems like they knew they couldn't compete at Gamescom and were scared off. You have the AAA lineup of Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Recore, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct Season 3 and Sea of Thieves and they were focused on first party.

Now imagine if Sony had been at Gamescom and focused on first party, do you think they could have competed? The Last Guardian? It's been in development hell and wasn't even in a state during E3 to show us a playable demo. There's Uncharted 4 and Horizon that look pretty solid but where are the rest of the big guns? Where are the other big budget first party games that can go up against what Microsoft has already shown let alone the ones they haven't felt the need to but you know they're coming (Forza Horizon 3, etc).

Can Sony compete? Well they have third parties propping them up and there's nothing wrong with that but as far as first party games go Microsoft is opening new studios and gaining momentum while Sony is looking at moneyhatting DLC, making advertising deals and coasting through the holidays.

That's my opinion but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe at this next show they'll reveal three AAA massive budget first party exclusives that will get me excited but I'm not holding my breath. 

Protendo said:

According to Twitter:

A PS4 keyboard/mouse announcement gave the same boost Microsoft recieved at Gamescom. Xbox One is back to trending under PS4.

Check out trend thursdays for more details.

Gamescom really is only big for the playable demos and business contacts. E3 is big because it's the biggest and TGS is big because japanese devs haet america (lol).

I'm a volunteer writer on a small belgian VG website  and my 'coworkers" are all at Gamescom, so I'm the one supposed to cover most news from the conferences. I expected a week as big as the E3 (didn't sleep during the duration of E3, fml) and in the end i'm just there standing bored, having more things to say about indies releasing on steam than news at the gamescom lol. So I see no reason for the general audience to care about gamescom.

IMO MS only did a conference to say "we care about EU unlike sony and nintendo" more than anything.

Legend11 said:

It seems like they knew they couldn't compete at Gamescom and were scared off. You have the AAA lineup of Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Recore, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Killer Instinct Season 3 and Sea of Thieves and they were focused on first party.

Now imagine if Sony had been at Gamescom and focused on first party, do you think they could have competed? The Last Guardian? It's been in development hell and wasn't even in a state during E3 to show us a playable demo. There's Uncharted 4 and Horizon that look pretty solid but where are the rest of the big guns? Where are the other big budget first party games that can go up against what Microsoft has already shown let alone the ones they haven't felt the need to but you know they're coming (Forza Horizon 3, etc).

Can Sony compete? Well they have third parties propping them up and there's nothing wrong with that but as far as first party games go Microsoft is opening new studios and gaining momentum while Sony is looking at moneyhatting DLC, making advertising deals and coasting through the holidays.

That's my opinion but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe at this next show they'll reveal three AAA massive budget first party exclusives that will get me excited but I'm not holding my breath. 

Well, does have a number of significant studios that haven't yet announced their new games. Plus, Sony is having four major confrences this year compared to the two Microsoft is has had. Actually, as far as I'm aware, Microsoft doesn't have any major events left this year.

It's also not like Sony hasn't shown anything this year either, we've already seen Uncharted 4 and Horizon: Zero Dawn as you mentioned. But there was also Dreams, Street Fighter V, Until Dawn, Rachet and Clank, No Mans Sky, HellBlade, Persona 5, and The Last Guardian.

Sony also has a whole new platform launching next year with Project Morpheus, which will offer a slew of first and third party games that are unlike anything we've seen on consoles before. You can expect a ton of new information on that as the year goes on aswell.

As far as announcement and news go for the rest of this year, Sony will be just fine.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.