By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV "Dawn" trailer

Soonerman said:

Spot on. This trailer was crap and provided nothing but what it was stated above. Funny how SE is getting more "realistic" but in reality and I'm already thinking of the cheese cinematics that only like 1/500 of the population (mainly in Japan) will get. Hopefully someday this series will get more realistic.

They don't have to get "realistic", they just have to get better. Even relatively shallow Japanese media (i.e Bleach [shonen manga]) is capable of making characters show genuine emotion without trying so hard or being too cheesy. 

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The biggest issue I have with the trailer is the melodrama, the "over acting". We get it, he's sad, but the "omg sorrow" facial expression is just ridiculous. And the super innocent, super cute kid resting on Dads shoulders, way too cheesy. This is the biggest problem I've had with newer Final Fantasy games (Snow anyone). Noctis' father might as well be walking around with a "please feel sorry for me sign" sign. If you're going for emotions, it has to be realistic, it has to be subtle, it has to be intelligent. This feels like a parody or really bad movie.

Spot on. This trailer was crap and provided nothing but what it was stated above. Funny how SE is getting more "realistic" but in reality and I'm already thinking of the cheese cinematics that only like 1/500 of the population (mainly in Japan) will get. Hopefully someday this series will get more realistic.

I would love if this series and more Japanese games becamse more relatable to other countries as well, but it's not going to happen.  It's not like their culture.

I've never seen a Japanese man (or for the most part anyone in the eastern part of the world) have the kind of facial expressions and subtlties that European/Western people have.  That's not to say that they don't have subtlety, but you and I couldn't relate to it more than likely.

Japanese people have specified conversations talking in ways that don't trail off or allow for certain in-between emotions during the same sentence.  To them it's considered rude or odd.  Politeness is something taken very seriously over there and it's completely opposite from many cultures.  It's not like you can just go "Hey lets meet up, grab a bite to eat and get wasted!"  grabbing the shoulder of some stranger or person you just met and smiling while being eagerly concerned at the same time over there.  Handshakes, touching, and sort-of-loud  speaking volume (in America for instance) are considered outlandish or extreme over there.

I guess you could say that since they don't express themselves at the level other cultures do all that often, emotionally they get very excited when it's time to react to certain situations,  or maybe because since they are softly spoken most of the time they don't have the same emotional balance we do.  That's my take on it anyways.  Take those TV series they have with the loud girls and bright colors as well as their over-the-top commercials; Completely opposite of how Japanese people are out in public.

I don't think they will be changing that anytime soon.

Lube Me Up

Found this particularly interesting.
“It’s at about 65% to 70%,” responds Tabata. “We’d like to release the Western version as close as possible during the same period, and there’s a lot more work than usual sandwiched between now and the release date. We’re working on debugs and also localizaton at the same time, so for that reason we’re taking a little longer. With that in mind, I say 65 to 75%, but if we’re talking development for the game itself, it’s actually a little further than that."

Wagram said:
Found this particularly interesting.
“It’s at about 65% to 70%,” responds Tabata. “We’d like to release the Western version as close as possible during the same period, and there’s a lot more work than usual sandwiched between now and the release date. We’re working on debugs and also localizaton at the same time, so for that reason we’re taking a little longer. With that in mind, I say 65 to 75%, but if we’re talking development for the game itself, it’s actually a little further than that."

Good news ...

I guess we can expect FFXV for 2016 ...

Was square expecting me to cry?

Around the Network

All this was a trailer for was their lack of progress.

BasilZero said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Was square expecting me to cry?

Cry for the lack of a good trailer.

I'd sooner shed tears of joy when I hear the true release date. LOL

Not sure how I feel about this:

At Gamescom, I had a change to ask Director Hajime Tabata how his “quest” for 1080p and 30 stable frames per second is proceeding.

The honest answer to that is that there’s obviously a dfference in specifications between the two consoles. Maybe we haven’t fully grasped how to get the full potential of each of the consoles yet. We’re still working on that.

If we were gonna make it just for a single platform, and really optimize the game structure and the technology for the platform, it would be very possible to do that.

But because we have to work on that as a multiplatform game, I still can’t quite guarantee that we’ll definitely be able to make that on all platforms.

But certainly, from a technical perspective, we are already at a point where we can very much guarantee a thirty frames per second frame rate with constant and stable rate in the same way as in Duscae 2.0.

Xbox One likely getting the shaft the same way the 360 did with FFXIII.

Wagram said:

Not sure how I feel about this:

At Gamescom, I had a change to ask Director Hajime Tabata how his “quest” for 1080p and 30 stable frames per second is proceeding.

The honest answer to that is that there’s obviously a dfference in specifications between the two consoles. Maybe we haven’t fully grasped how to get the full potential of each of the consoles yet. We’re still working on that.

If we were gonna make it just for a single platform, and really optimize the game structure and the technology for the platform, it would be very possible to do that.

But because we have to work on that as a multiplatform game, I still can’t quite guarantee that we’ll definitely be able to make that on all platforms.

But certainly, from a technical perspective, we are already at a point where we can very much guarantee a thirty frames per second frame rate with constant and stable rate in the same way as in Duscae 2.0.

Xbox One likely getting the shaft the same way the 360 did with FFXIII.

They need to stop gimping the PS4 on account of the Xbox One. If its 900p it will be fine. Xbox One gamers are used to flip flopping between 720p and 900p anyway. Its truly disheartening that money from a first party can make third party so subservient just because they want to be perceived any way but what is realistic.

Meh. This game will bomb critically. They should invest these CGI budgets into actual game.