By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV "Dawn" trailer

Hug simulator

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
0815user said:

hmmm... judging by SE trollactivities an surprise announcements lately i'm asking myself could it be that ffxv turns out to be a 2015 release? i mean that pre-order now imo is pretty much a save bet for a 2016 release. most people are also expecting it 2016 and 2017 or later can't be in SE interest. especially not with all the ATRs lately, the pre-order now campaign and kingdom hearts 3, star ocean 5 and ff7r down the line. so why not simply say 2016? unless of course the (surprise) plan is 2015.

lol they said the game is not even close to be done dude xD

This game is 2017 at best.

Your agenda is pretty sad CGWizz. I'm sure you still think Tabata is lying about it releasing in 2016, but still amusing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Im so excited for this game

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I hope it could be released next year (holiday 2016). Else we would know that FF VII Remake won't have any release date atleast of 2017. I don't know if SE has a ton of dev teams starting to develop FF VII:R to have a 2017 or even 2018 release date.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The biggest issue I have with the trailer is the melodrama, the "over acting". We get it, he's sad, but the "omg sorrow" facial expression is just ridiculous. And the super innocent, super cute kid resting on Dads shoulders, way too cheesy. This is the biggest problem I've had with newer Final Fantasy games (Snow anyone). Noctis' father might as well be walking around with a "please feel sorry for me sign" sign. If you're going for emotions, it has to be realistic, it has to be subtle, it has to be intelligent. This feels like a parody or really bad movie.

See, here's the thing.  This is the best Square Enix has done in a long time in terms of tone.  That's why it's such an important trailer.  That's how FF games have always been anyways since the beginning.  The father wasn't necessarily overacting since we don't know everything that was happening before and what will happen afer.  He didn't look that sad anyways.  It looked like he was thinking too, so give credit where credit is due.

FF games have always had melodrama though, so don't expect them to have relatable western-based facial expressions or acting anyways.  It's also based on Japanese  culture and how their language is more static with an emphasis on symbols more so than English which can make more use of slang and such.  It's important to keep that in mind.  But quite honestly there was more subtlety in it then I think you give it credit for.

In recent FF games, we would never see the camera stay on a character this long or even see another character whisper into another character's ear.  It doesn't seem like much, but for SE it is quite a lot.

And comparing that moment with anything that Snow (or anybody from FF13 besides maybe Sazh)  has ever done acting-wise is completely asinine.  We'd never see Snow do anything like that or react in the way any of the important characters shown were reacting.  He would yell like an idiot 24/7 about anything he does.

The soundtrack was the only thing that was over-the-top in that sequence, but still a very impressive piece of music nonetheless.

Technology today allows for emotions to conveyed in subtle and yet convincing ways. Square is clearly capable of creating scenes like the shot of Elena in U4 for example. Instead you have this character trying way too hard to be sad, holding this kid that is asleep (amp the emoness) while posing dramatically with a sword at the same time... In the rain... With no umbrella..... Why? The scene feels forced and over the top, so I'm not enjoying it. It could have played out so much better while getting the same point across.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
outlawauron said:

Your agenda is pretty sad CGWizz. I'm sure you still think Tabata is lying about it releasing in 2016, but still amusing.

If i have one " agenda " you have the oposite " agenda ", think about that.

Tabata said game will be released before 2017 and square pr denied the tabata claim.

Tabata said game is 65 % with 5 % done in the last5 or  6 months , Tabata said they dont even named some characters (funny stuff), Tabata said new trailer was showed to make us see how far devlopment is ( sure ), tabata says a lot of things, tabata "answers " a lot of questions but when is to show stuff ? He shows a 10 sec clip of a 3 secs fight with one enemy  at 15 fps.

ps : and dont think my avatar says anything, i could care less about the character changes.

Nah, I'm not going into every FF and trying pump sunshine up everyone's ass. 

Square PR didn't deny his claim either. They just didn't confirm it, aka. "No comment". There's a lot they could have shown and I understand why people would be disappointed, but they've given far more media than most FF games have in the past. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

what are you complaing about, he is in the rain but he is not a bad father for being with a son in the rain because they must have a shield or a force field that blocks the rain, dont you see they are not getting wet ?

I had to look at it over and over because they werent getting wet even though it was raining. I feel this was put together in a rush  >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
The biggest issue I have with the trailer is the melodrama, the "over acting". We get it, he's sad, but the "omg sorrow" facial expression is just ridiculous. And the super innocent, super cute kid resting on Dads shoulders, way too cheesy. This is the biggest problem I've had with newer Final Fantasy games (Snow anyone). Noctis' father might as well be walking around with a "please feel sorry for me sign" sign. If you're going for emotions, it has to be realistic, it has to be subtle, it has to be intelligent. This feels like a parody or really bad movie.

Spot on. This trailer was crap and provided nothing but what it was stated above. Funny how SE is getting more "realistic" but in reality and I'm already thinking of the cheese cinematics that only like 1/500 of the population (mainly in Japan) will get. Hopefully someday this series will get more realistic.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
outlawauron said:

Nah, I'm not going into every FF and trying pump sunshine up everyone's ass. 

Square PR didn't deny his claim either. They just didn't confirm it, aka. "No comment". There's a lot they could have shown and I understand why people would be disappointed, but they've given far more media than most FF games have in the past. 

Ofcourse they have far more media, they are doing it for 10 years.

I am not saying anything others dont say or complain plenty of negative comments out there, i am disapointed i am commenting you dont like what i wrote? You see my nick you dont read it. Its easy, its what i do when i dont like a user and it works.

That's not what I'm saying. They do the Active Time Reports, they've released a full demo and then added free content on top of it. They're actively engaging fans and doing work to take feedback. That hasn't ever been done before for this series (it's not all that big on its own, but for a JP studio, it's new).

If you want, I can ignore your posts? I've read every post in this thread, so please read very hard into me responding to you. I don't go placing people on a pedastal. >_>

Soonerman said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Spot on. This trailer was crap and provided nothing but what it was stated above. Funny how SE is getting more "realistic" but in reality and I'm already thinking of the cheese cinematics that only like 1/500 of the population (mainly in Japan) will get. Hopefully someday this series will get more realistic.

^This.  If it turned out just great cinematics in HD graphics, and we don't know how would the whole story and game mechanics would turn out.  I'll wait for the youtube cinematics to come and watch FF XV in marathon.  :D