By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV "Dawn" trailer

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:
I am hoping new trailer on Paris game event

Why wait until then? Why not hope for one at TGS instead?

Or maybe with both event,  with different presentation.

Around the Network

Not gonna lie; from the 30 seconds or so of gameplay that was shown, the frame rate was terrible

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
0815user said:

hmmm... judging by SE trollactivities an surprise announcements lately i'm asking myself could it be that ffxv turns out to be a 2015 release? i mean that pre-order now imo is pretty much a save bet for a 2016 release. most people are also expecting it 2016 and 2017 or later can't be in SE interest. especially not with all the ATRs lately, the pre-order now campaign and kingdom hearts 3, star ocean 5 and ff7r down the line. so why not simply say 2016? unless of course the (surprise) plan is 2015.

lol they said the game is not even close to be done dude xD

This game is 2017 at best.

Wasn't it just airships they said weren't close to being done?

Considering Tabata said they already have an internal release date established they can't be that far off.

Yes he was talking about the Airship part unless he says they are early in devlopment in another part in the video, but what would the internet be if people didn't mishear things and jump the gun?

Looks nice, really like the music

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

0815user said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

lol they said the game is not even close to be done dude xD

This game is 2017 at best.

they also denied a ff7r and said it won't happen. so much for things that are being said.

Well, it seems like we're going to have to wait until TGS to get some new info. Still hoping for a 2016 release.

Around the Network

Still have more info popping up by the day and have more of Gamescom to get more info. Just saying you guys (again) are busting a nut way to early.

vivster said:

I have to say, this is the greatest piece of media I've seen so far for the game. SE showing their cinematic muscles.

edit: Wow, I really can't understand you people. You all love the juddery bromance bonding stuff with generic action at 20 fps but you hate the first thing that actually has some substance to it.

This.  I don't think anyone passing it off understand the importance of what was shown.  It was about the design and presentation of the story.  You know, that thing that FF games used to put at the forefront before anything else?  We have gotten nothing from FFXV's story for a very long time.  This showed how the actual design of it among certain other intricacies will play out.

I'd say personally it was more significant than any of the gameplay trailers or gameplay showings we have seen...with the exception of that one moment in the demo where you get a certain power. 

Lube Me Up

The biggest issue I have with the trailer is the melodrama, the "over acting". We get it, he's sad, but the "omg sorrow" facial expression is just ridiculous. And the super innocent, super cute kid resting on Dads shoulders, way too cheesy. This is the biggest problem I've had with newer Final Fantasy games (Snow anyone). Noctis' father might as well be walking around with a "please feel sorry for me sign" sign. If you're going for emotions, it has to be realistic, it has to be subtle, it has to be intelligent. This feels like a parody or really bad movie.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ignoring the rest of this thread (and the negativity displayed by most of the internet r3garding 15), I've watched this trailer about a dozen times now. Love how the music and text are sort of reminiscent of old timey FF prelude screens.

SubiyaCryolite said:
The biggest issue I have with the trailer is the melodrama, the "over acting". We get it, he's sad, but the "omg sorrow" facial expression is just ridiculous. And the super innocent, super cute kid resting on Dads shoulders, way too cheesy. This is the biggest problem I've had with newer Final Fantasy games (Snow anyone). Noctis' father might as well be walking around with a "please feel sorry for me sign" sign. If you're going for emotions, it has to be realistic, it has to be subtle, it has to be intelligent. This feels like a parody or really bad movie.

See, here's the thing.  This is the best Square Enix has done in a long time in terms of tone.  That's why it's such an important trailer.  That's how FF games have always been anyways since the beginning.  The father wasn't necessarily overacting since we don't know everything that was happening before and what will happen afer.  He didn't look that sad anyways.  It looked like he was thinking too, so give credit where credit is due.

FF games have always had melodrama though, so don't expect them to have relatable western-based facial expressions or acting anyways.  It's also based on Japanese  culture and how their language is more static with an emphasis on symbols more so than English which can make more use of slang and such.  It's important to keep that in mind.  But quite honestly there was more subtlety in it then I think you give it credit for.

In recent FF games, we would never see the camera stay on a character this long or even see another character whisper into another character's ear.  It doesn't seem like much, but for SE it is quite a lot.

And comparing that moment with anything that Snow (or anybody from FF13 besides maybe Sazh)  has ever done acting-wise is completely asinine.  We'd never see Snow do anything like that or react in the way any of the important characters shown were reacting.  He would yell like an idiot 24/7 about anything he does.

The soundtrack was the only thing that was over-the-top in that sequence, but still a very impressive piece of music nonetheless.

Lube Me Up