By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Beleive Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Call of Duty, and You? (First Evidence: Back to NPD TOP 10)

There is hype for Taken King? You seem to be the only one here who talks about it. GAF has always loved Destiny since many Bungie people post there.

It wasn't bigger than CoD this iteration, it definitely won't be as big as Blops III. I honestly don't know how Bungie can sustain Destiny long enough to overtake CoD unless they strip games of content even worse than they have with the base game, the expansions, and Taken King.

Around the Network

ethomaz said:

MY hype is monstruous for The Taken King.

@bold: fixed.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Become a bigger francise than Call of Duty this gen? Can happen... CoD is in decline, and Destiny is not a joke in term of sales. But won't happen before 2 years minimum. ( definitively not gonna happen this year )

If we talk about a bigger francise than what was Call of Duty one time... ( like MW 1/2/3 or BO 1/2 ) Not a chance.

I can't see Destiny sells 8/9 million in a month just in the US like CoD.

Ehh, so far it doesn't seem like it.

Eh, not really seeing it

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

I think cod will fall just like AC is falling.... destiny is growing.....

mM
LudicrousSpeed said:
There is hype for Taken King? You seem to be the only one here who talks about it. GAF has always loved Destiny since many Bungie people post there.

It wasn't bigger than CoD this iteration, it definitely won't be as big as Blops III. I honestly don't know how Bungie can sustain Destiny long enough to overtake CoD unless they strip games of content even worse than they have with the base game, the expansions, and Taken King.

GAF hates Destiny like the worst thing in the world... the gaming side.

The community side loves it because well just post in the community these that loves the game lol

Ryng_Tolu said:

Become a bigger francise than Call of Duty this gen? Can happen... CoD is in decline, and Destiny is not a joke in term of sales. But won't happen before 2 years minimum. ( definitively not gonna happen this year )

If we talk about a bigger francise than what was Call of Duty one time... ( like MW 1/2/3 or BO 1/2 ) Not a chance.

I can't see Destiny sells 8/9 million in a month just in the US like CoD.

We will see with Destiny 2 next year.

But remember Destiny will always launch in September... November is a bigger month... so compare month by month is not that fair.

Ka-pi96 said:
I don't see it. Hype for the Taken King seems to be much lower, near non-existent even, from what I've seen while the original Destiny had a huge amount of hype. Looks like it will get overshadowed by quite a few games coming up this year. Conversely Black Ops 3 looks like it could be one of the best selling CODs yet.

The only way I could see Destiny being bigger than COD is if COD were to have a massive decline, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

To be fair, you are comparing an expansion to a full on release.

It would have been better to view destiny as the first title in the series making one of the biggest imapcts for a new ip.

Also, bo3 looks to be on of the better ones made recently but if you think about it, there will be a decline after it. Mostly due in part to franchise fatigue, but also due in part to the developer. Infinity ward has been gutted with members leaving to respawn making titanfall, sledgehammer is still new compared to treyarch and infinity ward, which leaves us with treyarch as the only fully powered dev. Since bo3 is by treyarch, next years cod doesn't sound too promising.

Main point: cod will only decrease in time, while destiny has massive growth potential.

midrange said:

To be fair, you are comparing an expansion to a full on release.

It would have been better to view destiny as the first title in the series making one of the biggest imapcts for a new ip.

Also, bo3 looks to be on of the better ones made recently but if you think about it, there will be a decline after it. Mostly due in part to franchise fatigue, but also due in part to the developer. Infinity ward has been gutted with members leaving to respawn making titanfall, sledgehammer is still new compared to treyarch and infinity ward, which leaves us with treyarch as the only fully powered dev. Since bo3 is by treyarch, next years cod doesn't sound too promising.

Main point: cod will only decrease in time, while destiny has massive growth potential.

Yeap... Destiny 2 next year will be the key.

Most people that left Destiny will be back on TTK and the next year Destiny 2 release will be huge.