By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Beleive Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Call of Duty, and You? (First Evidence: Back to NPD TOP 10)

Maybe if Destiny 2 was great, but the overwhelming response to the MP was that it was really poor. Destiny will never get into the eSports scene either.

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:
Maybe if Destiny 2 was great, but the overwhelming response to the MP was that it was really poor. Destiny will never get into the eSports scene either.

MP is poor? I never read that one before.

Most critic and user complain were about SP and not MP.

Nah, I think people weren't that impressed with Destiny, so unless they bring huge changes to the next game, it will probably sell about the same as the first one.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ethomaz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I don't see it. Hype for the Taken King seems to be much lower, near non-existent even, from what I've seen while the original Destiny had a huge amount of hype. Looks like it will get overshadowed by quite a few games coming up this year. Conversely Black Ops 3 looks like it could be one of the best selling CODs yet.

The only way I could see Destiny being bigger than COD is if COD were to have a massive decline, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon.

Today after the GI leaks a lot of haters are thinking to back to Destiny again.

The hype is monstruous for The Taken King.

What hype? People on VGC aren't excited, and the N4G and Gamespot articles about the DLC don't have many comments...

MoHasanie said:

What hype? People on VGC aren't excited, and the N4G and Gamespot articles about the DLC don't have many comments...

I don't see hype for SFV in VGC too.

VGC means nothing in terms of hype.

I just checked the articles about Destiny out today in GI website:

Around the Network

I don't see that ever happening.

So...sorry.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

ethomaz said:

MoHasanie said:

I don't see hype for SFV in VGC too.

VGC means nothing in terms of hype.

I just checked the articles about Destiny out today in GI website:

Well that's true. The VGC community isn't a good way to assess the hype for most things. 

What's GI? 

ethomaz said:
Sharpryno said:

MP is poor? I never read that one before.

Most critic and user complain were about SP and not MP.

I think you are joking. 

MoHasanie said:

What's GI?

Game Informer.

It where the news come today (yeap these articles are out in like 8 hours ago).

Sharpryno said:

I think you are joking.

Really? Can you show me these "overwhelming response to the MP"? Because I can list all the launch issues talked about Destiny in few seconds.

Anyway the Destiny today is not more the game launched in September last year.