By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Beleive Destiny Will Be Bigger Than Call of Duty, and You? (First Evidence: Back to NPD TOP 10)

Acevil said:
Just to make sure, you think Destiny will be bigger than Call of Duty in some time frame I am assuming. However are you comparing lets saying Destiny 2016 vs Call of Duty 2016 type deal or Call of Duty Franchise vs Destiny Franchise, because Call of Duty franchise isn't going to beat by anything outside of a select few franchises, like Mario.

However if it is Destiny 2016 vs Call of Duty 2016 type deals it seems like you are sorting counting on Destiny growth vs Call of Duties decline.

Destiny in the near future (2 year?) will beat the best selling CoD.

Not the overall franchise... it is pretty hard.

Around the Network

Destiny back to chart in NPD TOP10.

People are back to play the game for TTK.

Amazing.

I told you guys.

The Taken King Hype is REAL!!!

ethomaz said:
I told you guys.

The Taken King Hype is REAL!!!

I having played destiny with you have to disagree, not about destiny itself but more to do with the level of growth ,I feel destiny wont surpass or reach cod numbers ,my reasoning revolves around the type of game it is.and how this muddies the waters in regard to sales.

Now with most games you have a game followed by what is seen as seperate dlc . so you buy game A and you may or may not buy the dlc and then comes game A2 plus dlc rinse and repeat , how destiny differs to this model is , yes you still buy game A but the dlc is tied into the continuation of the game a lot more than most normal dlc  the  reason for this is the episodic nature of destiny , I see destinys dlc acting pretty much like anime filler episodes , it gives you some thing to sink your teeth into until a new instalment of the the main game is ready and to keep you from finishing up not just the filler but the game cap   to early they ration it out.

Now you may say what does all that have to do with sales to my way of thinking a lot because this type of game needs to keep its audience engaged and doing so means that hopefully your user drop off is smaller than that of your incoming users , and to me they aren't doing enough in this regard yes you need to pace the game , but what you don't need to do is have stuff like bounties that make you go to earth kill one hidden fallen go back to orbit and do it 3 times over ,this type of repetition drives people away and why are the bounties so few that we have to repeat them over and over,  they are simplistic and use existing graphical resources so all you need is some one or even a suggestion box at bungie to come up with lots of them.

So to me it is these problems and other similar ones that by themselves seem minor but put together become problematic in regard to keeping as much of your base as possible and keepingfuture players add weight to me thinking that even though destiny is even now a major game it won't quite make it past the cod's and gta's of the world.

The other problem is what constitutes a sale, for us that bought destiny and the pass is our next genuine sale destiny 2 ?

PS.  I apologise for the lengthly prattle.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

DESTINY TO OUTSELL CALL OF DUTY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!

no.

Around the Network

The rare time you do find someone even discussing Destiny it's about how much they didn't like it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.