By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what do you think, did MS have as much new content at Gamescom as they had at E3?

JNK said:
Well everything they showed was labelled as "world premiere", which was pretty ridiclous because 90% of the stuff wasnt.

If their definition of "world premiere" is, that they show new gameplay thats even more ridiclous. I dont remember that any company has ever shown old gameplay at one of their conferences. Would be extremly boring to see gameplay thats already available on youtube scince weeks.

So yeah, it was new gameplay. Something that should be expected on something like gamescom.
Nothing but halo wars 2 was a world premiere. Nothing else was "new"

World premiere meaning what you are watching right now is the first time the world has ever seen it.  You could have showed a different part of a game earlier, then release new gameplay video no one has seen before and call it world premiere.  

I mean its not like Phil's tweet was far off.  They did show a lot of new stuff including games and features.   Fifa 16 demo on Xbox first, Homefront beta on xbox first, that qualifies as new content.  

A lot of you guys choose to be bitter for not reason.  Do not understand why.  That was easily MS's best gamescom in its history. 

Around the Network

Uh, I think everything they showed is new.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Uh, I think everything they showed is new.

It wasn't and that also wasn't the question.

Nothing only the lame things the same rehashes

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Sharpryno said:
JNK said:
Well everything they showed was labelled as "world premiere", which was pretty ridiclous because 90% of the stuff wasnt.

If their definition of "world premiere" is, that they show new gameplay thats even more ridiclous. I dont remember that any company has ever shown old gameplay at one of their conferences. Would be extremly boring to see gameplay thats already available on youtube scince weeks.

So yeah, it was new gameplay. Something that should be expected on something like gamescom.
Nothing but halo wars 2 was a world premiere. Nothing else was "new"

World premiere meaning what you are watching right now is the first time the world has ever seen it.  You could have showed a different part of a game earlier, then release new gameplay video no one has seen before and call it world premiere.  

I mean its not like Phil's tweet was far off.  They did show a lot of new stuff including games and features.   Fifa 16 demo on Xbox first, Homefront beta on xbox first, that qualifies as new content.  

A lot of you guys choose to be bitter for not reason.  Do not understand why.  That was easily MS's best gamescom in its history. 

I hope for their sake that's not true.  You're using it ust as loosly as they did.  As JNK said you normally only say "world premiere" when showing a new game.  Normally companies say "gameplay premiere" or "exclusive content" when showing the things they did.  I mean honestly when do companies show the same gameplay they've shown before at another conference?   By that definition basically every conference has "world premieres" on virtually everything they show lol

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Roronaa_chan said:
He's not lying, he's just playing semantics. A new trailer is always technically new content even if it's not a new announcement. Problem is fans often can't read between the lines
That there was nothing new and that there was new content are both true

Is he even doing that? New content seems the appropriate term to describe unseen footage especially from games not present at E3. Game announcements are always referred to as game announcements, so he clearly wasn't talking about that.

Clearly? Speaking of clear things.. Is that nobody would expect an event to not have a single new second of footage for any game. Are you telling me that the guy was asking if gamescom was only going to repeat already seen trailers? Really?

The DVR function coming is awesome.

But kind of turn off now by Scalebound. Seems like bad overdone voice over work and some attempt at humor, like your friends awkward dad attempt to make his kids younger friend laugh, is making me want to wait until Elder Scrolls VI and hope they have dragons.

The character put on his 'tunes' with headphones before the battle and even said, "Rock it' at some point. Sigh.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Nope, kinda disappointed. I went in with hype :(

Lol, am I the only one who understands "new content" as "new footage of previously announced games?" Especially with all the prerendered footage M$ has been showing at e3.

we have to see what Sony brings in france to make a comparison. But scalebound looks fantastic