By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what do you think, did MS have as much new content at Gamescom as they had at E3?

it depends on how you take new. if you take new to just mean never heard of games then not really. but if you take new to mean anything that hasnt been seen before then i think they did

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Risthel said:
I still don't get why so many people (and gaming media) worship Phil Spencer so much. He's a politician, he talks a lot but rarely delivers.

Yep, he still didn't do anything that good IMO. His greatest advantage is to "not be Don Mattrick". But he teases way too much all of his events and butchered the TR communication (and even Kinext communication IIRC). Except the "he undid what Don Mattrick did" part, nothing should bring him his gaming messiah image. 

Actually a lot of what Phil has done probably will not be seen for years or are things under the hood per say then anything else.  What you can see from Phil is the change in direction for Xbox and his emphasis to play to the strenghts of the brand.  These are things that are not as transparent to your average punter.  Most gamers probably have no clue what Phil has to do within MS to lead the division and steer it to a more games centric eco system unlike where it was going at the start of the generation.

The reason you do not see why the Xbox division has turned around and actually making good strides is because you do not know what it takes to do the man's job.  You think he wakes up and says, i will not be Don M but that's just the tip of the iceburg.  Phil has to change minds of not just his own bosses but Sudios, Developers and Publishers.  You can see he is winning this battle because you see much less negative comments from anon sources on those fronts.

My advice is to not just look at the surface but thinking about everything Phil has to do to turn around the start of the X1 which is no small task and he did have to make a lot of tough decisions and sell it to the big brass.

Anyway, he brought back Halo Wars so I am wonder if Keyboard and Mouse support will be supported in the X1 on release.  Really interested to see how this game goes.

Azerth said:
it depends on how you take new. if you take new to just mean never heard of games then not really. but if you take new to mean anything that hasnt been seen before then i think they did

I agree with this.  The problem with simple tweets is context.  Without knowing what context he was making his statement saying he lied or not lied is relative.  There was a lot of new content that was never showed at E3, but not new in the games.  If content is the key to his tweet statement then new would be correct.  New Gameplay for Tomb Raider, Scalebound, Halo 5 MP and Crackdown.

Snoopy said:

Aren't you the same person who got upset about Rocket league eventually coming to xbox one?

What? No.

Unless you call this being upset:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7459233

I thought it was pretty obvious that new content did not necessarily mean new game announcements initially, although on retrospect I see why it could have confused those prone to overhyping. To Phil's defense, content literally means: "a part, element or complex of parts". When people complain a game does not have enough content, they mean the game is too short (not enough gameplay or modes). New content referred as never before seen gameplay of Crackdown, Scalebound, as well as new rain mode in F6, new TR gameplay and new gameplay and TV footage of QB in my opinion is fair enough. 

OT:Gamescom had a little less new content than E3, but their E3 was heavy stuff. Maybe around 70% as much stuff?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DJEVOLVE said:

They showed a shit load of indie games, something the people bashing on this thread praise on PS4 as the god of games, you should be overwhelmed by all the new content.

halo wars 2 was also shown.  This site is great, a whole bunch of articles go up about XBox One all from people who bash XBox one All the time, This thread was made just for that reason. How was Sony's conference by the way?

Xbox discussion on this site is weird when Xbox news hits. I stopped caring about the negativity of it awhile back though and just enjoy the ebb and flow of it. For example for the last couple weeks we have seen multiple threads talking about how supposedly shitty MS's first party development style is and how they have nothing new and how they rely too much on 3rd parties apparently. And yet now all of a sudden people are disappointed because they expected 90 minutes of brand new game announcements from that same Microsoft LOL.

It was a good showing with loads of new content but hey hey they might have recycled a DX12 video from Square so Phil must be a dirty liar.

To be honest there has been as many negativity threads for MS as tehre have been for Sony. And also positive threads for both and on both ends people come in from both camps with negative thoughts. Me personally I don't mind people not agreeing with everything on both sides. The issue comes up for me when people just blindly hate games that are not on their console of choice....that is the issue in my opinion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

OttoniBastos said:
DJEVOLVE said:

They showed a shit load of indie games, something the people bashing on this thread praise on PS4 as the god of games, you should be overwhelmed by all the new content.

halo wars 2 was also shown.  This site is great, a whole bunch of articles go up about XBox One all from people who bash XBox one All the time, This thread was made just for that reason. How was Sony's conference by the way?

Nice way to spin the topic....

OP: yeah Phil as always trowing a smokescreen with semantics.

Remember the "Xbox will have JRPG"?

When people saw this they thought "Xbox will have jRPG exclusives! Maybe lost odissey 2 or a new blue dragon? or maybe a new IP?"

What Phil actually means "FF15 is a jRPG"

is the same situation with the gamescom content tweet.

How do you know we won't get those games(LO & BD)? & how do you know exactly what ppl were thinking? Speaking for everybody? 

Same as E3?It ceartanly wasnt.But the conference was quite good.The highlights were Scalebound and Tomb Raider.My god Scalebound looks simply amazing!The scope of the trailer, the gameplay and the interaction with your dragon!It was simply fantastic!I know it was a pre-Alpha footage, but i wonder how you see the health of your dragon(i didnt notice in the trailer) or if he simply gets KO for some time if he get hit too much.Other thing that kept me wandering is if there is a limit to your commands to your dragon, like mana for exaple, and that you cant make too many orders in a short period of time, or else you could tire him up.That would be an interesting voncept.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Sharpryno said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I hope for their sake that's not true.  You're using it ust as loosly as they did.  As JNK said you normally only say "world premiere" when showing a new game.  Normally companies say "gameplay premiere" or "exclusive content" when showing the things they did.  I mean honestly when do companies show the same gameplay they've shown before at another conference?   By that definition basically every conference has "world premieres" on virtually everything they show lol

what would you prefer it to display?  There is nothing wrong with calling it that.  I have ZERO problems with it.  Displaying "new footage" sounds a lot crappier and less prefessional than world premiere when both can mean the same thing.   Its not hard to understand and you need to re-think what world-premiere actually means.   Semantics dude.  

Semantics exactly.  YOU need to re-think what world-premiere means.  When every other gaming company in the world specifies what is new or doesn't use the title then I think it's MS who needs to change.

I am Iron Man

Sharpryno said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I hope for their sake that's not true.  You're using it ust as loosly as they did.  As JNK said you normally only say "world premiere" when showing a new game.  Normally companies say "gameplay premiere" or "exclusive content" when showing the things they did.  I mean honestly when do companies show the same gameplay they've shown before at another conference?   By that definition basically every conference has "world premieres" on virtually everything they show lol

what would you prefer it to display?  There is nothing wrong with calling it that.  I have ZERO problems with it.  Displaying "new footage" sounds a lot crappier and less prefessional than world premiere when both can mean the same thing.   Its not hard to understand and you need to re-think what world-premiere actually means.   Semantics dude.  

Not sure why people get hung up on it. Has the game footage been shown before? No? Then its a world premiere.