By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what do you think, did MS have as much new content at Gamescom as they had at E3?

Burek said:
Yes, they delivered a lot of new content. Not many new games, but everything they have shown is new.

Yea they did. The guy said they should have as much. Some things could have changed. Do ppl not know what content means? No hidden agenda from OP and those calling him a liar tho lol.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Uh, I think everything they showed is new.

It wasn't and that also wasn't the question.

So then what wasnt new? 

Guess well have to wait for some poor soul to do a second by second comparison of game footage in each conference before the world finally has an answer to this question.

TheSting said:
Burek said:
Yes, they delivered a lot of new content. Not many new games, but everything they have shown is new.

Yea they did. The guy said they should have as much. Some things could have changed. Do ppl not know what content means? No hidden agenda from OP and those calling him a liar tho lol.

Content is a buzzword that used in the game industry can mean pretty much anything and is thus pretty worthless, I'm well aware of that. Still you're probably also aware that when they'll say they have about equal the amount of new content at both conferences the general assumption would be an about equal amount of new game announcements. But even if we disregard that I'd still say that Gamecom had less new content than E3.

They did too much was indie.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So then what wasnt new? 

Guess well have to wait for some poor soul to do a second by second comparison of game footage in each conference before the world finally has an answer to this question.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpDdOIZy-4k

Also it really shouldn't be that difficult as Gamescom had way bigger segments of people just talking about things, I mean they talked about Bloodstained for like 5 minutes and only showed 1 new concept art.

Around the Network
Faelco said:
JNK said:
Well everything they showed was labelled as "world premiere", which was pretty ridiclous because 90% of the stuff wasnt.

If their definition of "world premiere" is, that they show new gameplay thats even more ridiclous. I dont remember that any company has ever shown old gameplay at one of their conferences. Would be extremly boring to see gameplay thats already available on youtube scince weeks.

So yeah, it was new gameplay. Something that should be expected on something like gamescom.
Nothing but halo wars 2 was a world premiere. Nothing else was "new"

They even said "World premiere" for Just Cause 3, like if we didn't have a gameplay demo at SE's E3 already... Ridiculous. 

fuck that. they said world premiere for Quantum Break. a game announced in may 2013 right when the Xbox One was shown.... and they showed of gameplay at last years gamescom... i mean for fucks sake.... 

Roronaa_chan said:
teigaga said:

Is he even doing that? New content seems the appropriate term to describe unseen footage especially from games not present at E3. Game announcements are always referred to as game announcements, so he clearly wasn't talking about that.

Clearly? Speaking of clear things.. Is that nobody would expect an event to not have a single new second of footage for any game. Are you telling me that the guy was asking if gamescom was only going to repeat already seen trailers? Really?

Yes, clearly. I don't see people refer to game announcements as "new content". 

The guy was asking if they'd have stuff left for gameson, I'm sure he was refering genericaly to having exciting things at the show (new gameplay, new game reveals, annoucnements regarding games, price cuts... whatever). Theres nothing confusing here.

OP: Quantity wise, yeah. Of course the stuff they showed weren't as interesting.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So then what wasnt new? 

It really seems like an answer coming from a defeated contender. "Yeah yeah, of course what we've shown was new ! It was the next level of the game we've shown twice already, and with a different camera angle ! Do you understand, a DIFFERENT camera angle ! Brand new content, world premiere !".

You could show only 3 games with different gameplay footages for 3 years in a row if you want (with different gameplay footage each time), but it isn't what we should call "new content". Tomb Raider, Halo, Forza, even Quantum Break are not new content, we've seen similar footage before (yes, we've already seen a "gameplay" footage of QB, and not that different... the actors change, that's pretty much it). Games like Just Cause 3 or Dark Soul 3 branded "World premiere" are just laughable at best. 

Good for you if you're happy with what was shown. I'm kinda happy too to see that I miss nothing "new" on the Xbox, a new footage of a previously announced game isn't a new reason to buy a console. No other MS conference this year, so I apparently won't miss anything in 2015 or 2016 (next conference will be E3 2016, about 2016 Holiday, that's pretty far...). And like I said in another thread, this conference clearly shows that Xbox will become a PC gaming brand (at least half of the conference was about PC, something like that ?), so we can try Sea of thieves, Halo Wars 2, Gears and others on PC, without having to buy a Xbox.

Well, I guess you're right in the end, it's a good conference for everyone ^^. Xbox owner are happy about their games, PC gamers are happy about almost the same games and the money saved, PS4 owners are happy because Xbox definitly lost the war today and PS4 will have a lot of exclusive third party content/games this gen, and I think Nintendo gamers will be happy to be able to come back with the NX next year, the Xbox probably won't be a threat for this new console. Today was a good day ! :)

Roronaa_chan said:
He's not lying, he's just playing semantics. A new trailer is always technically new content even if it's not a new announcement. Problem is fans often can't read between the lines
That there was nothing new and that there was new content are both true

Why would new announcements and new content be the same thing? New content is just that, content which is new. Including new footage of games already revealed. Or talking about new features.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Sharpryno said:

World premiere meaning what you are watching right now is the first time the world has ever seen it.  You could have showed a different part of a game earlier, then release new gameplay video no one has seen before and call it world premiere.  

I mean its not like Phil's tweet was far off.  They did show a lot of new stuff including games and features.   Fifa 16 demo on Xbox first, Homefront beta on xbox first, that qualifies as new content.  

A lot of you guys choose to be bitter for not reason.  Do not understand why.  That was easily MS's best gamescom in its history. 

I hope for their sake that's not true.  You're using it ust as loosly as they did.  As JNK said you normally only say "world premiere" when showing a new game.  Normally companies say "gameplay premiere" or "exclusive content" when showing the things they did.  I mean honestly when do companies show the same gameplay they've shown before at another conference?   By that definition basically every conference has "world premieres" on virtually everything they show lol

what would you prefer it to display?  There is nothing wrong with calling it that.  I have ZERO problems with it.  Displaying "new footage" sounds a lot crappier and less prefessional than world premiere when both can mean the same thing.   Its not hard to understand and you need to re-think what world-premiere actually means.   Semantics dude.