By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what do you think, did MS have as much new content at Gamescom as they had at E3?

Risthel said:
I still don't get why so many people (and gaming media) worship Phil Spencer so much. He's a politician, he talks a lot but rarely delivers.

Yep, he still didn't do anything that good IMO. His greatest advantage is to "not be Don Mattrick". But he teases way too much all of his events and butchered the TR communication (and even Kinext communication IIRC). Except the "he undid what Don Mattrick did" part, nothing should bring him his gaming messiah image. 

Around the Network

Btw. I made a thread about this tweet before E3, if anyone's interested. :D

Got kinda off track though.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to post the thread :http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203507&page=1

Yes, they delivered a lot of new content. Not many new games, but everything they have shown is new.

Well everything they showed was labelled as "world premiere", which was pretty ridiclous because 90% of the stuff wasnt.

If their definition of "world premiere" is, that they show new gameplay thats even more ridiclous. I dont remember that any company has ever shown old gameplay at one of their conferences. Would be extremly boring to see gameplay thats already available on youtube scince weeks.

So yeah, it was new gameplay. Something that should be expected on something like gamescom.
Nothing but halo wars 2 was a world premiere. Nothing else was "new"

Has anyone noticed that when they presented Tomb Raider the voice said "Xbox exclusive" even if it was written on the screen "Xbox exclusive Holiday 2015"? I laughed a lot at that point!

Around the Network

No, E3 had more new content.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

If we go by gameplay shown than yes. If we go by new games announced then no, unless you count the Indies :).

JNK said:
Well everything they showed was labelled as "world premiere", which was pretty ridiclous because 90% of the stuff wasnt.

If their definition of "world premiere" is, that they show new gameplay thats even more ridiclous. I dont remember that any company has ever shown old gameplay at one of their conferences. Would be extremly boring to see gameplay thats already available on youtube scince weeks.

So yeah, it was new gameplay. Something that should be expected on something like gamescom.
Nothing but halo wars 2 was a world premiere. Nothing else was "new"

They even said "World premiere" for Just Cause 3, like if we didn't have a gameplay demo at SE's E3 already... Ridiculous. 

2-3 new games announced right?

Lets see what Sony does at PGW.

Roronaa_chan said:
He's not lying, he's just playing semantics. A new trailer is always technically new content even if it's not a new announcement. Problem is fans often can't read between the lines
That there was nothing new and that there was new content are both true

Is he even doing that? New content seems the appropriate term to describe unseen footage especially from games not present at E3. Game announcements are always referred to as game announcements, so he clearly wasn't talking about that.