By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The one franchise Nintendo NEEDS

What Nintendo NEEDS is a mainline Animal Crossing game. That's really one of the few big guns they have left.

(cmon people don't kid yourself with Metroid, Paper Mario, or whateer. It ain't happening this gen.)

Around the Network

I have both Golden Suns on GBA and have only gotten through half of the first one. I keep telling myself to finish it, but... it never happens. The same goes for Xenoblade. I spent 8 years beating FF9 lol

Something about RPGS... I don't know. I think it's the random battles. God, do I loath them.

I disagree with nearly every statement in the OP. Many of my disagreements are strenuous, to say the least.

I beat the first one and the third one. I thought the first one was a decent game but forgettable. It's definitely suited for as a beginner RPG and I did not like Dark Dawn. Dark Dawn had decent game play and great music but the puzzles were forgettable and the story was underwhelming.

However, I'm surprised Camelot never continued developing another GS game considering Dark Dawn was supposed to be the beginning of the new generation and how GS1&2 were just set up for GSDD and beyond. Also considering they drop characters and plot points in GSDD, I was expecting them to be elaborated in GS4 but alas.

Personally, since GS is going through another hiatus, I don't see a GS4 happening. However, if Issac gets in Smash, then there could be a chance.

I want Pilot Wings!
Pilot Wings for N64 was such great game.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
If that happens, it may take awhile for they start developing it, since Camelot is busy making the new Mario Tennis(correct me if im wrong).But i do agree with you, Nintendo needs to bring it back.And having Isaac in Smash would be a great marketing for the series, to make more people aware of the franchise.

Mario Tennis Needs Development ? I thought Reggie's son was developing it in his free time. Srsly Nintendo already has 90% of the work done before even starting to work on a Mario sports game :v

Aielyn said:

... oh, I understand. You mean in the sense of advising a golfer to "be the ball". Nintendo needs to "be" 3rd party, so that they better understand the 3rd parties.

That's what you meant, right? I mean, you're clearly not stupid enough to suggest that Nintendo would be better served by diluting their brand and depending on other companies for hardware that would therefore not be particularly suited to the way that they make games.

Anyway, I came in here hoping that this would be about third party franchises Nintendo should acquire, since Nintendo has apparently, recently, practically acquired the "Momotaru Dentetsu" franchise from Konami/Hudson. And since that's what I wanted the thread to be about, that's what I'll answer with.

Nintendo needs to get hold of Sonic. Sega clearly doesn't truly understand what to do with Sonic now, and I believe Nintendo would be able to do the Blue Blur justice.

I'm not smart enough to come up with a clever and witty reply, so I'll just post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1xhOC61_I (Sorry, I don't know how to post shit here.)

Anyway, I was just kidding, even if I love the idea of not needing to pay a $300 paywall just to play Nintendo games, some of which I'm usually not interested in, a little too much, doesn't mean it's the best thing they can do.

Now, in all seriousness, I think that acquiring IPs is a great idea, but Nintendo should also acquire/create dev. teams if they don't want to repeat the disaster that was the Wii U with its horrible droughts and wierd shit, and is not really necessary to try to understand and get 3rd parties back, since the damage that the Wii and Wii U did to Nintendo's image is pretty much unrepairable, people don't expect Nintendo to be important, and Nintendo seems to be confortable to be in the niche position they currently have, so why bother? The best thing they can do is just make their consoles as accesible as possible so that some non-hardcore Nintendo sheep/not-rich-people can also enjoy their games as well.

I'm now filled with determination.

KyleeStrutt said:
If they NEEDED it then they wouldn't have stopped making them.

This is more like something you WANT

CAPSLOCK

I WANT IT TOO! lol.

The capslock was for fun :P

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I want a new Star Tropics. Nintendo should get on that.

They don't need it. Even with your definition of ''needing'', there are old franchises they ''need'' more.