By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The one franchise Nintendo NEEDS

I would name a good bunch of franchises that Nintendo "needs" to keep making.

But another Golden Sun would be nice, maybe for the 3DS.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
If that happens, it may take awhile for they start developing it, since Camelot is busy making the new Mario Tennis(correct me if im wrong).But i do agree with you, Nintendo needs to bring it back.And having Isaac in Smash would be a great marketing for the series, to make more people aware of the franchise.

I'm pretty sure Camelot is making the Mario Tennis. 

It's sad that Nintendo puts one of their best studios qualified to make RPG games with intense and good stories into making Mario Sport games. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
HylianYoshi said:
"NEEDS"? Woah there, I wouldn't exactly say that. No, its not going to save the company. No, it ain't gonna keep the 3DS alive for another 2 years when the it eventually reaches death's door. It's definitely not going to redeem Nintendo in the eyes of all fans. "NEEDS" is the biggest overstatement I've seen on Chartz today.

But I played through enough of the first one to say that the series is definitely worthy of a Number 4. And Isaac in Smash Bros.

I didn't state any of those things. :)

Of course not. I was just stating things that I could see someone saying would benefit Nintendo as a company and I could actually agree. aka things Nintendo might actually "NEED". Not a new Golden Sun.

bet: lost

ARamdomGamer said:
I would name a good bunch of franchises that Nintendo "needs" to keep making.

But another Golden Sun would be nice, maybe for the 3DS.

I can name more as well. I feel as though Golden Sun should be their #1 just due to how well the games performed and etc.

Paatar said:
Nautilus said:
If that happens, it may take awhile for they start developing it, since Camelot is busy making the new Mario Tennis(correct me if im wrong).But i do agree with you, Nintendo needs to bring it back.And having Isaac in Smash would be a great marketing for the series, to make more people aware of the franchise.

It's sad that Nintendo puts one of their best studios qualified to make RPG games with intense and good stories into making Mario Sport games. 

Well, they did make excellent Mario tennis games(the one comming to mind is the mario tennis in game boy color), and historically they have developed alot of mario sport games.But yes, it frustrates me deeply everytime that Camelot is sent to make sport games, instead of making a new Golden Sun, or even making a new ambitious RPG.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Paatar said:

Well, they did make excellent Mario tennis games(the one comming to mind is the mario tennis in game boy color), and historically they have developed alot of mario sport games.But yes, it frustrates me deeply everytime that Camelot is sent to make sport games, instead of making a new Golden Sun, or even making a new ambitious RPG.

I'm not saying that the sport games aren't good. They are very good and a lot of fun.

It's just I feel as if their talent should be put towards the RPG genre. It would be AWESOME if they made a new RPG. 

What Nintendo needs is to be 3rd party. This is completely related to the the topic at hand, by the way.

- M, Carl

I'm now filled with determination.

Never even played a Golden Sun.

Mystro-Sama said:
Never even played a Golden Sun.

Well... you definitely should if you like RPG's.

In the US, the first one is available on the virtual console on the eShop. 

In EU, the first two are available.

Sure if Nintendo stops assigning Camelot to do shitty Mario spin-offs ...

I'm not sure if they NEED a franchise which the last entry sold the least and less than a million on their highest selling system though YOU seem to WANT it ...