By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The one franchise Nintendo NEEDS

I only played like 3 hours of the GBA one but isn't Golden Sun a generic ass RPG?

Around the Network
Paatar said:

I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me here. The franchise Nintendo needs to keep making is Golden Sun.

First off, the first three games were amazing. ( I know some people dislike the 3rd) and they really need to make the 4th installment so that the story can FINALLY be concluded. 

However, once they do that I feel like Nintendo needs to make this franchise a regular. What do I mean by that? I mean by how Fire Emblem is a regular franchise that we can count on seeing every generation. And now Xenoblade is one. (At least most likely)

Golden Sun is on par of Fire Emblem AND Xenoblade for story, ost, gameplay and etc. It's one of the best JRPG series out there. I'd even say it is on par with Square Enix's RPG's such as Final Fantasy.

I would love it if Nintendo revived this franchise please. It has so much potential that they obviously do not realize. It would be great if Nintendo had THREE great RPG games to give their consumers rather than just two. (main series games. EX: Paper Mario doesn't count because RPG is not the main series genre)

With that being said, I also hope Isaac gets put in Smash 4.

What exactly is it that Nintendo needs to achieve? Why do they need to achieve it? How is this game vital to achieving what Nintendo needs to achieve?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ednice said:

I only played like 3 hours of the GBA one but isn't Golden Sun a generic ass RPG?

No

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

No

What's special about it not-gameplay wise?

They need a shoot bang bang buff tits game to succeed because casuals love it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

I've rarely hear the demand for a new Golden Sun so I'm not really sure if Nintendo needs this at all.

Nintendo only need to make the games that sell the most.

It is really hard to revive or get those classic IPs but didn't sell a lot. They need profits hence they won't make a lot of IPs which would sell around 100k WW or it is always depending on the dev cost/budget and what is the targeted number of copies that the game needs to sell. Easy for us gamers on what we want but Nintendo as a business, they need profits and will surely check which one would really sell. I know they have a few blunders on which IPs and what kind of spin off but we can't fault them every time as they aren't that of a big company that has a lot of dev teams.

I would really love to play those classic games and hope they'll revive it and have an HD sequel or so. Golden Sun seems a good example, but I'm not sure sales wise. I would love to have those Mario sports bundled into a single game, and have the wonderful Mario characters play it out, rather than splitting all those games.

I don't think Nintendo need another JRPG, but I guess the more the merrier .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Absolutely agree! In this case, the game you want also happens to be a game I think Nintendo needs. Not needs as in, "OMG it will save the Wii U/revitalize the 3ds!!" but just that it will strengthen an already diverse library and see the resurgence of an undervalued series. Unfortunately, Camelot is too busy making stuff like Mario Tennis to bother with niche titles like GS right now. I can't blame them, either. Wii U especially, needs revenue and Mario will bring in more revenue than Golden Sun.

I've only played the first GS, but it was an amazing game. Like you said, having a holy trinity of JRPGS would be a great pillar for Nintendo. It'd be amazing for Wii U (or 3DS) but I think they're going to play it safe until this gen is over. Hopefully, we'll see it land on NX?

Also, I do think Nintendo needs Metroid and F-zero more than Golden Sun since nothing else like either of them them exists and we already have a few JRPGS on Wii U and 3ds.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P