By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Out of the top twenty already, that is quite surprising.

Around the Network

Is it to early to say I was right?

Current hourlies:

08.) PS4: BAK
21.) XBO: H5 LE
27.) XBO: HMCC Std
40.) PS4: DtTK LE
44.) PS4: Std (top 50 this whole time and missing from the monthlies)
61.) Wii-U: MD
83.) XBO: Std
87.) 3DS: XL

Spoilers do not count as sales for the month as the sale isn't recorded until the payment is made on release.

Protendo said:

Is it to earlie to say I was right?

Current hourlies:

08.) PS4: BAK
21.) XBO: H5 LE
27.) XBO: HMCC Std
40.) PS4: DtTK LE
44.) PS4: Std (top 50 this whole time and missing from the monthlies)
61.) Wii-U: MD
83.) XBO: Std
87.) 3DS: XL

Spoilers do not count as sales until payment is made on release.

No, it's not too soon because I was right too ;) (by 25k - 35k)

The PS5 Exists. 

Shadow1980 said:

Apparently it has something to do with how it's tracked both as a game console and as a Blu-ray player. I'm guessing this causes an error or something with the rankings, causing it to struggle to stay in the top 100 in the weekly & monthly ranks despite staying in the 40s & 50s in the hourlies.

At the end of the day it doesn't really effect Amazon prediction that much but it does mean we'll have to note it's position in the hourlies to get an overall picture of how well the PS4 did. If the PS4 Fools edition is sitting 'above' some of the XB1 bundles but appears below in the monthly (or not ever there), then it's going to be harder to predict the gap. We should still be able to predict who won of course.

The PS5 Exists. 

halo bundle, plummeting faster than a rock towards a black hole. too expensive

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Apparently it has something to do with how it's tracked both as a game console and as a Blu-ray player. I'm guessing this causes an error or something with the rankings, causing it to struggle to stay in the top 100 in the weekly & monthly ranks despite staying in the 40s & 50s in the hourlies.

Just one correction, it's only tracked as a standard DVD player.

Playstation_awaiter said:
halo bundle, plummeting faster than a rock towards a black hole. too expensive

Just a tad hyperbolic there.

The PS5 Exists. 

Whats this ps4 fool edition never heard of it
Is it a new bundle ??

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Shadow1980 said:
Protendo said:
Shadow1980 said:

Just one correction, it's only tracked as a standard DVD player.

How is that possible?

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Blu-Ray-Disc-Players/zgbs/electronics/352697011

PS4 doesn't even show up as a:

Best Sellers in Blu-Ray Disc Players

Now I'm even more confused then ever.

Protendo said:

How is that possible?

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Blu-Ray-Disc-Players/zgbs/electronics/352697011

PS4 doesn't even show up as a:

Best Sellers in Blu-Ray Disc Players

Now I'm even more confused then ever.

Ok, we've tried to be rational and come up with an explanation but there doesn't seem to be one, so I'm going to have to ask the obvious question: Why is Amazon deliberately hiding the sales success of the PS4 Fools edition?

The PS5 Exists.