By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

Interesting that it is just the regular edition. I was hoping the default game on PS4 would be the complete edition with the inevitable DLC that will be on X1 in 2016.

Only a fool would order it this early. If SE really think they're giong to be able to launch a year later without any enhancements or free DLC and sell well on the PS4, they're in for a rude awakening. The worse move they have ever made.

Certainly the only way I would buy it at anything close to full price.

Around the Network
celador said:
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

Interesting that it is just the regular edition. I was hoping the default game on PS4 would be the complete edition with the inevitable DLC that will be on X1 in 2016.

Only a fool would order it this early. If SE really think they're giong to be able to launch a year later without any enhancements or free DLC and sell well on the PS4, they're in for a rude awakening. The worse move they have ever made.

Certainly the only way I would buy it at anything close to full price.

Agreed and let's be honest, 2016 is looking stellar... there are going to be even more games needing buying than this year (and considering I have over 8 from August to December), that's saying something.

Not sure what the benefit of putting it on amazon pre-order right now for PS4 is, a special edition will definately be needed.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

celador said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I thin SE are now realising what a terrible mistake they made with ROTT:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B013HMN66M/viglink20241-20/

That listing will definitely change a few times, before it's release. It would be funny though, if people did start pre-ordering it this early, and the pre-orders surpassed whatever the XBox One sales for it, currently are.

Wow, looks like the Guardians Bundle had a bigger impact than I thought.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Updated Monthly, Halo 5 Limited Edition console makes it's debut.

#4 Xbox One Halo 5 Limited Edition
#10 PS4 Batman
#13 Xbox One 500GB MCC
#22 PS4 Destiny Limited Edition
#60 3DS
#70 Xbox One 1TB MCC
#71 WiU

Around the Network

Withouth the bundle incoming for nexts months...
#10 PS4 Batman
#13 XBO MCC
#70XBO 1TB

Seem that XBO will win August, even if probabily by a small margin...

Ryng_Tolu said:

#10 PS4 Batman
#13 XBO MCC
#70XBO 1TB

Let's wait for the month to get going first.

The PS5 Exists. 

Hourly Update
03.) XBO: H5 LE
08,) PS4: BaK
18.) XBO: HMCC 500GB
23,) PS4: DtTK LE
50.) PS4: Std
67.) XBO: HMCC 1tb
69.) Wii U: DSSM3DW
86,) 3DS: XL
89:) XBO: Std

Sales that will happen in August:

Protendo said:
Hourly Update
03.) XBO: H5 LE
23,) PS4: DtTK LE

Sales that will happen in August:

Yep, people need to concentrate on this or the'll think Amazon prediction was wrong.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:

#10 PS4 Batman
#13 XBO MCC
#70XBO 1TB

It's a bit of a stretch to assume 13+70 > 10. We have no idea what the specific sales numbers are. #10 could be 5000, #13 could be 2000 and #70 could be 200. Or 10 could be 5000, 13 could be 4990 and 70 could be 600. There's no telling. The only time I would assume advantage to the console that is not highest in the charts is if a few skus are close in the charts, like what we saw in April: PS4 #41, Xb one #42 and #52. That was a pretty solid indication of a Xb one NPD win.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix