By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

WoodenPints said:
Updated Monthly, Halo 5 Limited Edition console makes it's debut.

#4 Xbox One Halo 5 Limited Edition
#10 PS4 Batman
#13 Xbox One 500GB MCC
#22 PS4 Destiny Limited Edition
#60 3DS
#70 Xbox One 1TB MCC
#71 WiU

Wow. Halo bundle past Destiny already.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
Pionner said:
WoodenPints said:
Updated Monthly, Halo 5 Limited Edition console makes it's debut.

#4 Xbox One Halo 5 Limited Edition
#10 PS4 Batman
#13 Xbox One 500GB MCC
#22 PS4 Destiny Limited Edition
#60 3DS
#70 Xbox One 1TB MCC
#71 WiU

Why are you surprised? Destiny is a year old game getting an expansion. I don't expect there to be many people who are specifically aiming to buy a PS4 for Destiny. As limited edition bundles go, I expect this to sell quite slowly. If the Destiny bundle was actually the Uncharted 4 bundle then it might be surprising for the Halo 5 bundle to overtake it so quickly.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Halo 5 already proving it will be huge. Cannot believe that there are people who think that Sony can lead US sales for the last four months of this year without a price cut. Battlefront and CoD will not have the same effect.

Was a bit concerned that the Destiny bundle was going to plummet down the rankings after it left the first page after just a few days. But it seems to be holding nice and steady in the early twenties, at least for now.

The PS4 standard bundles has been in the top 50ish all week in the hourlies but isn't on the monthly/weekly charts.

The standard PS4 is back to being the top DVD player. It's not even considered a bluray player?

Around the Network
celador said:
Halo 5 already proving it will be huge. Cannot believe that there are people who think that Sony can lead US sales for the last four months of this year without a price cut. Battlefront and CoD will not have the same effect.

Withouth pricedrop:

PS4 will win September and December. ( September by a lot, December by small )

With pricedrop:

PS4 will win all month withouth October, by a huge or at least decent margin.

Protendo said:
The PS4 standard bundles has been in the top 50ish all week in the hourlies but isn't on the monthly/weekly charts.

The standard PS4 is back to being the top DVD player. It's not even considered a bluray player?

Yeah, I have to say it's starting to look suspicious. Perhaps Amazon feel they can advertise to two demographics this way. It's still of though because even if it DID appear regularly in both the gaming section and the Blu-ray section, surely it would just be advertising for both demographics. It's not as if the Fools edition is just 'hanging on' to a place in the 100 list, it's been doing really well at around 50 like you said.

The PS5 Exists. 

binary solo said:
Pionner said:

Why are you surprised? Destiny is a year old game getting an expansion. I don't expect there to be many people who are specifically aiming to buy a PS4 for Destiny. As limited edition bundles go, I expect this to sell quite slowly. If the Destiny bundle was actually the Uncharted 4 bundle then it might be surprising for the Halo 5 bundle to overtake it so quickly.

I didn't think Halo was still this big. Yes it's LE console too but still.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Sorry but, where is the Mario Maker bundle?
I don't see it even in the Wii U TOP 100.

Was a limited bundle only for Europe and Japan or is even for the US?

August month update:

#4 XBO Halo 5
#10 PS4 Batman
#12 XBO MCC
#20 PS4 Destiny
#59 N3DS
#66 Wii U
#70 XBO 1TB

Withouth incoming bundle:

#10 PS4 Batman
#12 XBO MCC
#59 N3DS
#66 Wii U
#70 XBO 1TB

There is no source for confirmed that, but seem that XBO is above PS4... XBO will win August imo.