By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults

This is so stupid, why microsoft is not allowed to control the default applications of theirs SO? I understand that europe has some regulations over things like this, but man, it is the first time that they are allowing a upgrade, Its not liek they are changing anything.

Besides, mozilla should care more about the performance of its own brownser, its so hard to still uset it these days (and people are saying that edge is really fast)

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

It's totally off base. Firefox moves it's settings around every few builds. It took away our ESC button to turn of those horrible animated GIFs and now having trouble running Add Block without completely crashing Flash.

He is ridiculous, needs to look at what his own company is doing, and fix that before he starts wining about a once in 3 years upgrade/update to Windows.

Firefox has really gone down hill the last few years. He is ridiculous.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

EU sueing MS in 3-2-1...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

If I'm not mistaken, you can locate this setting where you locate all other app defaults in the OS, so really MS just centralized everything. This just means browser apps aren't given special treatment, but I could be wrong. The way it is on W10 now just consolidated all the settings. If so, it's not really a big deal.

Jeez, I cant believe people will actually defend this. Its obviously MS trying to gain back more market share. Ive been using Windows 10 for a while and its really no better than IE imo (IE is better than its given credit for). This is why I use Linux most of the time, no corporations controlling me :)

Around the Network

No corporations controlling me on my choice of a desktop OS anyway......

Maybe if Mozilla made a decent browser I'd care.

Ruler said:
i hope the EU sues MS again for abusing its monopoly

Why? It's their OS, they should include the services they see fit as defaults. That other companies haven't been able to create a viable option (like what exist on smart devices) shouldn't be blamed on MS.

Used Firefox back in the day. I've been using and loving Google Chrome for about the last 6 or 7 years now.

Chrome here, I'm sure I got asked when I upgraded yesterday. I said no to most things like ad personalisation, location tracking etc, etc.

Edge is quite good aswell, I gave it a whirl for 5 mins.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One