By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - R U Ready 4 Windows 10?

Tagged games:

Anyone going tp run Windows 10?

Hell Yeah Boi 95 52.49%

I'm scared 24 13.26%

Driver problems imminent! 19 10.50%

Nope! 43 23.76%

Total:181

lol no, and I'm not touching it any time soon. The UI still sucks, and it has other problems as well.

Around the Network
vivster said:

You poeple do realize that they will rollout the free windows in waves? So it could take several weeks until it's your turn. First waves are going to the insiders only. The only way for a normal customer to have Windows 10 on launch day is to buy a new PC from an OEM or buy a license.

Well, this isn't true. A friend of mine already got the notification. It just pops up by the way, and if you are, for example, writing something and press space or enter it will just confirm the installation and that's it.

gamingpotato7 said:
vivster said:

You poeple do realize that they will rollout the free windows in waves? So it could take several weeks until it's your turn. First waves are going to the insiders only. The only way for a normal customer to have Windows 10 on launch day is to buy a new PC from an OEM or buy a license.

Well, this isn't true. A friend of mine already got the notification. It just pops up by the way, and if you are, for example, writing something and press space or enter it will just confirm the installation and that's it.

Yeah, I got the notification and I'm not an insider. But not everyone can upgrade their OS, so I think the process might be random. And yes, I can confirm that you can accidentaly upgrade your system if the notification just pop-out, so be careful if you don't want to upgrade :P

Eh, I won't bother. This PC is starting to get old anyway, will ofcourse get W10 on my eventual new PC.

Wow, Edge is actually a great browser! Maybe I don't even download Chrome or Firefox, this works very well :D

EDIT: And no, you don't need a backup, it doesn't touch any of your files. In fact, I have exactly the same desktop, I thought that it wasn't upgraded at first XDD.

Around the Network

I still haven't gotten my download yet :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm waiting before I put it on my main pc. I've been running all the insider builds for W10 and W10M and I'm not satisfied with the changes made right now. Some things are good, like the changes to settings menus, cortana and Edge, but other things like the tablet mode are a step down from 8.1. I'm keeping the RTM build on one of my tablets but my main PC will remain 8.1 for the time being.

I think MS almost nailed it this time. There are some cons, but this OS is waaaaay better than 8/8.1. By the way, if you have 8.1 and you are not sure about upgrading, you can go back to 8.1 1 month after you upgrade to 10. You can try, see if you like it and if that's not the case, go back to the previous OS.

I still haven't gotten my upgrade...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

deskpro2k3 said:
I still haven't gotten my download yet :(

You can force install it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10