By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - R U Ready 4 Windows 10?

Tagged games:

Anyone going tp run Windows 10?

Hell Yeah Boi 95 52.49%

I'm scared 24 13.26%

Driver problems imminent! 19 10.50%

Nope! 43 23.76%

Total:181
Roronaa_chan said:
LuckyTrouble said:

Considering IE wasn't removable

It was though.

You could not straight up uninstall it. I don't care if you can play around in some files and eventually find where IE is stashed and delete it. Or if you can get into Windows update and do what basically amounts to hiding it. In that sense, technically every part of the OS is "removable". I took your question as meaning whether or not it could be uninstalled in a standard fashion like any other program, and in that sense, IE never was, which means you can be certain Edge isn't.

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:

You could not straight up uninstall it. I don't care if you can play around in some files and eventually find where IE is stashed and delete it. Or if you can get into Windows update and do what basically amounts to hiding it. In that sense, technically every part of the OS is "removable". I took your question as meaning whether or not it could be uninstalled in a standard fashion like any other program, and in that sense, IE never was, which means you can be certain Edge isn't.

8 lets you turn it officially http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11

But one previous version.. Either Vista or 7 (probably Vista) let you actually uninstall it. I remember because one of those upgrades I got annoyed due to finding out I could no longer do that

I'm gonna give it a week since I will have millions of people testing it for me :^D

Already have the preview. The latest build made it bug-free for me, especially since AMD released their W10 drivers.

Not any time soon. My laptop is working fine, I got rid of the tiles part of 8.1 long ago.
My desktop has windows 7 yet the internal wifi module is faulty and won't work half the time, I don't want to upgrade and then find out it got ignored. It works fine otherwise.
My wife's laptop can use it since she's still on Vista, but that's not supported...

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
It's coming out of the closet this Wednesday, July 29th 2015.
You can upgrade for free if you already have Windows 7, and 8.1. (for the first year)

Anyone going to run Windows 10 on launch day?

I am.

I would but I don't have a computer that runs windows at the moment. 

Looking forward to it for my phone though. That should follow soon.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Installing now actually

I'll get it but I'm grtting a chromebook still

I'm scared it wont look as pretty as Windows 8.1 does. Especially on my Surface 3. The start screen looks damn impressive.

Been running it since Jan. The latest version is great.

It is near the end of the end....