By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - R U Ready 4 Windows 10?

Tagged games:

Anyone going tp run Windows 10?

Hell Yeah Boi 95 52.49%

I'm scared 24 13.26%

Driver problems imminent! 19 10.50%

Nope! 43 23.76%

Total:181

I secured my update weeks ago, will this start on its own or can I still decide when I want to download this?

Around the Network

Just finished upgrading, it went very quick. So far liking what I'm seeing.

DerNebel said:
I secured my update weeks ago, will this start on its own or can I still decide when I want to download this?

Well, if you go to your C drive and display hidden folders, if there is a folder called "Windows BT" that means that it has already downloaded and its ready to go. You just have to go to control panel > windows update or just click the windows upgrade notification (which ever works, sometimes one does and the other doesn't) and you can upgrade. It won't upgrade by itself but as for downloading, check to see if that folder is there and if not, then just do the control panel > windows update > check for updates thing and you can tell it download if it's avaliable for you.

Also note that you may have to change the view from "category" to "Large icons" in the top right of the control panel to find "windows update"

And also, if it doesn't update or install but the nofitication says it is still reserved, than you are on the waiting list

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ugh was a bit of a waste of time booting everything up because it isn't ready to go anyway. What a tease.

Ah well. Should hopefully be here for when I get home!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'll wait for June 2016 to upgrade. Service Pack one might be out by then. As a Microsoft product I expect it to suck at first and get decent with time.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

It's downloading for me too. It's on 13-- I mean 15%

Of the people here who downloaded it, did you leave your files intact or did you do a backup just in case?

Mr_No said:
It's downloading for me too. It's on 13-- I mean 15%

Of the people here who downloaded it, did you leave your files intact or did you do a backup just in case?

I backed up my most important files ( School work and so on ) but other than that I left everything intact.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Have had multiple machines running Windows 10 Insider Builds for months. So the upgrade to RTM build was non eventful

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Been ready for 15 hours, Windows 10 isn't ready for me yet....

I'm upgrading, 25%, but it's a very slow process (painfully slow XDDD).