By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to Steam early 2016 and PS4 Holiday 2016

That was announced far sooner than I expected.

Around the Network

Only surprises here are that they announced it this early, and it's a year long console exclusive. They must have given some concessions to MS to make the announcement this early.

And a year is a long time. PS4 will probably never see the base game, I would bet all platforms just get a GOTY edition in late 2016.

Nice to see Microsoft paid for a One year console exclusive .... kind of point less if it was only 3 month exclusive. This deal was meant to attract potential buyers to get an X1. I love this series and hope that Microsoft get on board for the next game. I would like to see a new game every two years.

shikamaru317 said:
celador said:
Could potentially bomb on PS4 with that kind of wait

The recent rumor (before this official announcement) is that the PS4 version will be $40 at release instead of the usual $60 to make up for the 1 year delay.

Well, until holiday 2016 the prices of the Xbox- and PC-versions of that game will probably be even lower than $40.

$20 max at the Steam Winter sale for the PC-version ;)

LudicrousSpeed said:
Only surprises here are that they announced it this early, and it's a year long console exclusive. They must have given some concessions to MS to make the announcement this early.

And a year is a long time. PS4 will probably never see the base game, I would bet all platforms just get a GOTY edition in late 2016.

I think its the other way around... most people though the game would release Q1 2016 on PS4. If I was Microsoft, I would want every one to know this is a year long console exclusive. 

Around the Network

Well there is no other place to post that but this moderation was ridiculous... Banana just said that the game will come to PS4.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7440586

It is funny that after less than few hours it was all confirmed.

Banana <3

User warned for this post -RavenXtra (Please redirect moderation feedback to vgchartzmods@gmail.com)

Are they THAT stupid ? Really ?

They just killed the XOne release... Fallout and Halo this Holiday, and then TR cheaper and maybe better on PC early 2016. You don't have a PC or a One ? Take it on PS4 in a year with the cheaper definitive edition, and enjoy Uncharted while you're waiting.

But who will buy the Xbox One version, and even more, who will buy the Xbox One for this game now ? You don't announce this months before the XOne release....

Essentially, it will be like the TR Definitive Edition port that was released on the XBO and PS4.

Added content at a reduced price for a year old game.

God, why do I always have to be stuck at work with shitty internet when entertaining news like this hits? I'll have to do a lot of reading once I'm home. :D

ethomaz said:

Well there is no other place to post that but this moderation was ridiculous... Banana just said that the game will come to PS4.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7440586

It is funny that after less than few hours it was all confirmed.

Banana <3

Yeah i hope he will be unbanned, Starcraft exagerates sometimes

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m