By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to Steam early 2016 and PS4 Holiday 2016

Realy SE?? This deal is a very bad deal

1- It switched from TIMED EXCLUSIV to EARLY RELEASE

2- XBOX Fans  will be busy with their exclusives this holliday, the bigger fanbease being on PS, the game won't be a priority for lot of poeple

4- PS4 owners will be also extremly bussy next holliday with games like ff 15, horizon, last gardien ...... and probably TLOU 2 hype

Seriously SE you should have sold this sequel to M$ instead of playing with burning rocks, this is one of the worst deal ever, on a big franchise

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network

Wow, time exclusive is longer than I thought! o.O

But i think it's a really bad decision from Square, holiday 2016 has too many games already, it would have been better for summer

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Faelco said:
Are they THAT stupid ? Really ?

They just killed the XOne release... Fallout and Halo this Holiday, and then TR cheaper and maybe better on PC early 2016. You don't have a PC or a One ? Take it on PS4 in a year with the cheaper definitive edition, and enjoy Uncharted while you're waiting.

But who will buy the Xbox One version, and even more, who will buy the Xbox One for this game now ? You don't announce this months before the XOne release....

It's probably not going to make the kind of sales that would justify a year's worth of lost sales on the PS4 to Crystal Dynamics, but the game still would have been competing with Uncharted 4, which would be no comparison at all to the typical Playstation consumer.

I would be surprised if that wasn't a factor with the decision to make TR a one year XBO exclusive.

Plus, figure the exclusive deal was very likely made before it became apparent that the PS4 would become the platform of choice by a landslide. 

Still, TR fills a different niche genre on the XBO, and the franchise has regained some clout with the successful reboot, so I don't think it's going to tank on the XBO. There will be XBO consumers who want to play it first on their console. 

Wow, a year? I was thinking 6 months.

Around the Network

What if TR fails on Xbox 1 was it a poor investment? I doubt this would make a big dent in the gaming industry, but the whole year gap dam Sony and Microsoft are ruining gaming for us i need a PS4 for SFV and XB1 for TR (early)

greenmedic88 said:
Faelco said:
Are they THAT stupid ? Really ?

They just killed the XOne release... Fallout and Halo this Holiday, and then TR cheaper and maybe better on PC early 2016. You don't have a PC or a One ? Take it on PS4 in a year with the cheaper definitive edition, and enjoy Uncharted while you're waiting.

But who will buy the Xbox One version, and even more, who will buy the Xbox One for this game now ? You don't announce this months before the XOne release....

It's probably not going to make the kind of sales that would justify a year's worth of lost sales on the PS4 to Crystal Dynamics, but the game still would have been competing with Uncharted 4, which would be no comparison at all to the typical Playstation consumer.

I would be surprised if that wasn't a factor with the decision to make TR a one year XBO exclusive.

Plus, figure the exclusive deal was very likely made before it became apparent that the PS4 would become the platform of choice by a landslide. 

Still, TR fills a different niche genre on the XBO, and the franchise has regained some clout with the successful reboot, so I don't think it's going to tank on the XBO. There will be XBO consumers who want to play it first on their console. 

The previous Tomb Raider sold something like 70% on PS4 though. TR audience is on Playstation consoles, that's a fact. This audience has no reason to buy a Xbox One now. Same thing for anyone owning a PC : enjoy the lots of Holiday games you have (Fallout, Star Wars, AC, CoD...), and when the calendar is empty again early 2016, you will have a better and cheaper version of the game.

Some fans will buy it on Xbox One, yes, so it will not tank that hard, but it will still be a failure IMO

good! i can wait to many games coming to ps4 and hey,it got uncharted 4.,

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

yvanjean said:
MoHasanie said:
This was an unexpected announcement. I mean, why announce this a few months before it comes out on X1? People won't buy an X1 for Tomb Raider if they know for sure that it will come out in 2016 on other platforms.

And a 1 year wait for PS4 owners is too long.

The games main release is November 2015.... That's when they will make most of their sales. I for one got my Rise of the Tomb Raider pre-ordered.

You think Xbox one owners will delay getting this game because it's coming on PC and PS4. Are you assuming that most X1 owners also own a PS4??? They might be PC owner but in order to play during Holiday 2015 they need to play it on X1. 

This only affect non-X1 owners. X1 owners will be more then happy to pick up this timed exclusive game. 

No, but it won't be a X1 system seller. Tomb Raider fans might have went out and bought an X1 to play it but now they could wait and play it on other platforms. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Unless it's bundled on XOne, this game will bomb in total sales. The competition is tough this holiday, and it coming out a year later on PS4, be it at $40 or $60, it wont sell like it would have if it was a simultaneous release. If it's $40, then it's less revenue on a major platform for its release.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)