By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to Steam early 2016 and PS4 Holiday 2016

Early 2016 it is then!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

This was an unexpected announcement. I mean, why announce this a few months before it comes out on X1? People won't buy an X1 for Tomb Raider if they know for sure that it will come out in 2016 on other platforms.

And a 1 year wait for PS4 owners is too long.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

WoodenPints said:
Was this a PR fail/leak? I can't imagine MS would allow them to announce it for PS4 until after holiday period.

Maybe Microsoft and Square Enix had a disagreement on something and it's the way Square chose to screw them ? ( they already did that once with sony )

Or a secret deal with sony that offered them money to announce it before One relalse

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

wow, it caught me by surprise, I mean, I had a feeling it will come to ps4 but expected an announcement after the holiday period. This is really weird.

This in Microsoft discussion because...? Unless you're specifically trying to look at this from Microsoft's angle, the correct section would be Gaming.

OK, let's look at this from Microsoft's angle then. This will make Microsoft's exlusivity effort seem less successful, but overall, I don't think this will have that great of an effect. Tomb Raider isn't a system-seller, and I doubt Square Enix can make it into one in such a short time.

As for other angles, they shouldn't be relevant to this discussion.

Around the Network

Kinda weird to announce that before the XBO version launches, but oh well. I won't be buying it anyway (and no, not for some silly boycott reason, but because I wasn't too fond of Tomb Raider (2013) )

i really like the pc support form ms
gald everyone who don't own an xb1 and don't want to buy one, can get this game just 3 month later on pc

shikamaru317 said:
Aerys said:
And i was just talking about someone in denial just yesterday

But that sucks, it is really a pathetic move from Microsoft, its that Kind of deal that make me sick about them, instead of making réal exclusive , they préfèr to prevent a big game to go on an other platform for 1 year to artificially fill thé end of thé year with a false exclusive

You do realize that Sony did the same thing with Street Fighter V, but not timed, right? *sigh*

Could've just been marketing fluff, but apparently Capcom didn't have the resources to make SF V without Sony's help/cash.

The game is going to bomb on PS4. No doubts about it.

MoHasanie said:
This was an unexpected announcement. I mean, why announce this a few months before it comes out on X1? People won't buy an X1 for Tomb Raider if they know for sure that it will come out in 2016 on other platforms.

And a 1 year wait for PS4 owners is too long.

The games main release is November 2015.... That's when they will make most of their sales. I for one got my Rise of the Tomb Raider pre-ordered.

You think Xbox one owners will delay getting this game because it's coming on PC and PS4. Are you assuming that most X1 owners also own a PS4??? They might be PC owner but in order to play during Holiday 2015 they need to play it on X1. 

This only affect non-X1 owners. X1 owners will be more then happy to pick up this timed exclusive game.