By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to Steam early 2016 and PS4 Holiday 2016

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 12 November 2019

Around the Network

This deal has been so stupid and pointless from day one

lol

wait the game release first

they killed potential Xbone sales with this news

shikamaru317 said:
Aerys said:
shikamaru317 said:

You do realize that Sony did the same thing with Street Fighter V, but not timed, right? *sigh*

Not at all, if it was thé same, it would be obviously timed, SF V is " exclusive " ( on PC , no lie about that ) for 2 reason : Microsoft didnt accept cross play with PC + Capcom needed a real co partnership , someone to fund the game like they said

1. PC-XB1 crossplay is now a thing with Windows 10.

2. MS didn't just buy Rise of the Tomb Raider timed exclusivity, they've helped with it's development, much like Sony is helping with Street Fighter V's development.

But it wasnt a thing before, so too late

Square Enix didnt need Microsoft to fund it, but they were happy that they did, thats why its timed exclusive

While Capcom needed Sony( or Microsoft if they had cross play when asked ) to fund it , thats why it wont be on One 

Simple, it has been said, and it is logical, when thé money is optionnal, thé deal is timed 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

OttoniBastos said:
i'm glad i was wrong!

Told you LOL. I can understand your concern though.

SE are complete idiots. They'll lose sales this Christmas because of bigger titles launching alongside TR and lose sales next Christmas because not many people will be interested. Absolute insanity. The only chance of getting decent sales on the PS4 version is to throw in any DLC, enhance the graphics and sell it for half the price.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

the only surprise here is that they made this announcement before the game launches on xbox. this really kills most of the benefits xbox would be buying with their timed-exclusivity as they really were purposefully putting out vague statements so that many would believe this was "xbox exclusive".

anyways, a year is longer than i wanted to wait but an xbox is too expensive and redundant to even entertain the thought of getting one for tomb raider when i already have a ps4.

celador said:
Could potentially bomb on PS4 with that kind of wait

If its a good game it will do well on PS4. People buy remasters of significantly older games.

Anyhow, this delay for PS4 is longer than I anticipated. Perhaps they will release a Ultimate Edition for all platforms next holiday.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
celador said:
Could potentially bomb on PS4 with that kind of wait

If its a good game it will do well on PS4. People buy remasters of significantly older games.

Anyhow, this delay for PS4 is longer than I anticipated. Perhaps they will release a Ultimate Edition for all platforms next holiday.

It could bomb in comparison to what SE expect for it on PS4. Their expectations for the last Tomb Raider game were way off.

Don't the timing of this news will have much impact on potential hardware sales due to this game's timed exclusivity. The difference it will make isn't too big regardless.

Well at least know it's known.