By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to Steam early 2016 and PS4 Holiday 2016

Well that was announced earlier than expected. From a business perspective, it seems kind of stupid, I guess. I'm happy though and I can't wait for more info about the PS4 version of the game.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

That was unexpected
- said no one ever

Edwardooo said:
That was unexpected
- said no one ever

What I do believe was unexpected was to have them sharing this info at this point to the game release.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Aerys said:
And i was just talking about someone in denial just yesterday

But that sucks, it is really a pathetic move from Microsoft, its that Kind of deal that make me sick about them, instead of making réal exclusive , they préfèr to prevent a big game to go on an other platform for 1 year to artificially fill thé end of thé year with a false exclusive

Micro is relentless with their exclusivity deals. They didn't even forgive their Xbox360 with the release of Titanfall.

Thats zxactly why m'y 360 went from m'y primary console to m'y secondary console when i discovered ps3.

I thought they would have learnt from their mistakes and use that 3 years of almost nothing on 360 to dévelop a ton of exclusives for One to not do this shot anymore but it seems i was wrong, it is even worse

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

shikamaru317 said:
Aerys said:

But that sucks, it is really a pathetic move from Microsoft, its that Kind of deal that make me sick about them, instead of making réal exclusive , they préfèr to prevent a big game to go on an other platform for 1 year to artificially fill thé end of thé year with a false exclusive

You do realize that Sony did the same thing with Street Fighter V, but not timed, right? *sigh*

Of course he does, which makes his "denial" comment ironic to say the least.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Aerys said:

You do realize that Sony did the same thing with Street Fighter V, but not timed, right? *sigh*

Not at all, if it was thé same, it would be obviously timed, SF V is " exclusive " ( on PC , no lie about that ) for 2 reason : Microsoft didnt accept cross play with PC + Capcom needed a real co partnership , someone to fund the game like they said, so this is more a bayonetta 2 situation , they made it very clear

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I do not see how this announcement helps the Time Exclusivity?!

This confuses me.

Hardcore_gamer said:
zippy said:
Excuse my ignorance, is It just a timed exclusive for Microsoft? and will there be a future PS4 version. Not long bought a PS4, and loved the last Tomb raider game.

Spencer already said the dead will be like dead rising 3 and ryse that means you won't see it on ps4 

I am sorry, but this thread.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

So PC is getting it quite a few months before the ps4? Now theres something u dont see everyday! Thanks MS

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:

1. PC-XB1 crossplay is now a thing with Windows 10.

2. MS didn't just buy Rise of the Tomb Raider timed exclusivity, they've helped with it's development, much like Sony is helping with Street Fighter V's development.

Define "help" in both situations. It is a broad term as you can help with development through various means, either through covering development costs or having your own employees collaborate with the developers.