By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U needs slow death, rise of NX and is Zelda delay inevitable?

MartinD said:
I bought my wiiu 2013, hoping for zelda in 2014 (the trailer at that time was great). But now complete change of style, no more interest. And to be honest, if it comes 2016, we can all be happy. I sold it alraey,, got good money for it, and enhance my ps4 collection.
Maybe, in 2017, i buy a new wiiu. The only game keeping me with nintendo would be monster hunter...hmm...and ths os 3ds

That wasn't trailer of game it was Tech Demo, GameCube had similar realistic Zelda Tech Demo and after that we got Wind Waker.

Off course will come in 2016. and personally for me Zelda U looks beautiful and art style perfectly suit for Zelda game.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:

...said no Metroid/paper Mario/ Mario party/ Zelda/jrpgs/Mario 64-sunshine-galaxy/ Fire Emblem/ Animal Crossing fan ever.

When you say it like that it seems to be thé worst Nintendo console since ...forever ?

N64 also didnt have Metroid, we still dont know for Paper Mario, we have Mario Party, we geting Zelda, Xenoblade is jrpgs, we have Mario 3D World, we are geting Fire Emblem crossover, big Animal Crossing probably no. At end of the day we can maybe certainly only say that Wii U will not have Metroid and big Animal Crossing game.

Wii U is great console for Nintendo fans, I think much better than Wii.

But GC and Wii had.

We Know NX comes soon so its very unlikely they announce an other big exclusive for WiiU while a game tales at least 2 years of dev

We dont have a good Mario party while every Nintendo console since 64 had one

We dont Know if thé Zelda will be exclusive, its very likely WiiU wont have an exclusive Zelda like TP for GameCube

One jrpg is not enough, much less than GameCube or Wii

Mario 3D world is not part of 3D Mario with exploration and adventure and stars/sun to get, its something else, most fans were expecting a Mario 3D aventure like that and thought Mario 3D world was only thé one waiting for thé ambitious 3D Mario adventure 

No réal Animal Crossing game or réal Emblem too

You must have bad mémories of Wii, third party Alone makes it much better than WiiU, and it had much more and better Nintendo games 

WiiU looks more like the worst Nintendo console since before n64

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Yes but i have no money for a machine collecting dust. Yes you are right, tech demo...it is sooo long ago,i can hardly remember.

Anyway,

I dont like the style. I fear its like fallout4, officially pussyfied. Lets see...i hated this in bioshick infinite and i wont like it there.

But, yes yes, windwaker...i lovey and hated it. I finished it on my second playthrough, my first i couldnt continue. Twilight princes was mezzo mezzo, and zelda wii (honestly, i would have to google the name) i stopped after 10 hours. Zelda is over, mario too....final fantasy 15, this will be my new love.

Aerys said:
vivster said:

...said no Metroid/paper Mario/ Mario party/ Zelda/jrpgs/Mario 64-sunshine-galaxy/ Fire Emblem/ Animal Crossing fan ever.

When you say it like that it seems to be thé worst Nintendo console since ...forever ?

That's a bit untrue. It has a Mario Party, is going to get a real Zelda and lately even has a JRPG.

It may not be much but it's something.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Aerys said:

That's a bit untrue. It has a Mario Party, is going to get a real Zelda and lately even has a JRPG.

It may not be much but it's something.

It seems i forgot to edit m'y post, i talk about décent games and exclusives of course , i meant no even one good Mario party, this one was not really a good game

And Zelda will likely come on NX too like TP for GC/Wii so it would be thé first to not get a dedicated Zelda

And i pût jrpgS because its only one, jrpgs fans cant be pleased with only one game while they had several on GameCube ans Wii 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:

It seems i forgot to edit m'y post, i talk about décent games and exclusives of course , i meant no even one good Mario party, this one was not really a good game

And Zelda will likely come on NX too like TP for GC/Wii so it would be thé first to not get a dedicated Zelda

And i pût jrpgS because its only one, jrpgs fans cant be pleased with only one game while they had several on GameCube ans Wii 

JRPG fans do not have to be pleased by Nintendo since they own other gaming platforms where their demand is met. So yeah, I doubt any Wii U owner is disappointed with the games output. If so, they have not been paying close attantion to Nintendo in the past 10 years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Aerys said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:

N64 also didnt have Metroid, we still dont know for Paper Mario, we have Mario Party, we geting Zelda, Xenoblade is jrpgs, we have Mario 3D World, we are geting Fire Emblem crossover, big Animal Crossing probably no. At end of the day we can maybe certainly only say that Wii U will not have Metroid and big Animal Crossing game.

Wii U is great console for Nintendo fans, I think much better than Wii.

But GC and Wii had.

We Know NX comes soon so its very unlikely they announce an other big exclusive for WiiU while a game tales at least 2 years of dev

We dont have a good Mario party while every Nintendo console since 64 had one

We dont Know if thé Zelda will be exclusive, its very likely WiiU wont have an exclusive Zelda like TP for GameCube

One jrpg is not enough, much less than GameCube or Wii

Mario 3D world is not part of 3D Mario with exploration and adventure and stars/sun to get, its something else, most fans were expecting a Mario 3D aventure like that and thought Mario 3D world was only thé one waiting for thé ambitious 3D Mario adventure 

No réal Animal Crossing game or réal Emblem too

You must have bad mémories of Wii, third party Alone makes it much better than WiiU, and it had much more and better Nintendo games 

WiiU looks more like the worst Nintendo console since before n64

-Your point was that Wii U sound like worst console because dont have Metroid (and few other games), my point is that N64 for example too didn't have Metroid.

-We cant certainly know if Wii U will other get bigs game, doesn't needs to be exclusive, maybe later will be ported on NX or NX port.

-Maybe its not good, but we have one, you wrote we dont Mario Party game same like Metroid. Personally one Mario Party game is more than enuf per generation.

-Who cares if Zelda U maybe wont be exlusive, its much more important that Wii U will have new Zelda game and not just HD port.

-One jrpg is better than none.

-Mario Sunsine and Mario Galaxy are completly difrent games so is Mario 3D World (you have stars to get in game). Mario 3D World is legit 3D Mario game and its very good, in fact one of the best games this generation. 

-No real Animal Crossin but we will have crossover of Fire Emblem.

Like i wrote, at end of the day in this moment we can maybe only say that Wii U will not have Metroid and big Animal Crossing game.

I have memories with Wii and I was little disappointment, with Wii U I'm much more satisfied, what Wii U offer in comparison with other Nintendo consoles:  Best NSMB game, best Pikmin game, best DK game (if we dont count SNES), best Mario Kart game, best Super Smash Bros, best Yoshi game after SNES/DS version, Zelda U looks like it will one of the best Zelda games ever (at lest better than TP and SS) add to that one of the best new Nintendo exlusive in recent years, Splatoon.

So I really can't see how Wii U can be worst Nintendo console, personally much better than Wii, like I wrote Wii U is great console for fans of Nintendo games.

MartinD said:

Yes but i have no money for a machine collecting dust. Yes you are right, tech demo...it is sooo long ago,i can hardly remember.

Anyway,

I dont like the style. I fear its like fallout4, officially pussyfied. Lets see...i hated this in bioshick infinite and i wont like it there.

But, yes yes, windwaker...i lovey and hated it. I finished it on my second playthrough, my first i couldnt continue. Twilight princes was mezzo mezzo, and zelda wii (honestly, i would have to google the name) i stopped after 10 hours. Zelda is over, mario too....final fantasy 15, this will be my new love.

Wii U will collect dust to you if you don't like Nintendo games, simply as that.

Zelda U demo from E3 last year look to you like officially pussyfied!? To me looks phenomenal certainly looked like one of the best looking game, and that was offscreen video and around 2 years left in development. I can understand if you dont like art style, but it looked very good.

So you didn't enjoy last 3 console Zelda games, it certainly you don't like too much Zelda series because they are all 3 very good games. Same goes for Mario too.

Aerys said:
vivster said:

So the worst Nintendo console forever has the best Mario Kart ever done, the most complete Smash Bros until now, the most ambitious JRPG on a Nintendo console since the snes, the most ambitious Zelda ever done coming next year, the best Donkey Kong since the snes, the best Yoshi since the snes too and a better 3D Mario than Super Mario Sunshine, wow not bad for the worst.

And btw Wii didn´t have a new Pikmin, WiiU had it, the same happens with Star Fox, also GameCube didn´t have nothing close to Xenoblade Chronicles X and you know what Wii and GC didn´t have neither? The most popular online shooter on Japan history, Splatoon.

vivster said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
The wii u doesn't need to die. Its the only console that is actually delivering the goods.

...said no Metroid fan ever.

thats quite ironic lol considering im a huge metroid fan and have been since i could remember. i was so obsessed with metroid when i was a kid and i regard some of them the best games ever created. ever.