By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U needs slow death, rise of NX and is Zelda delay inevitable?

Hello Nintendo fans. I've never been so unexcited and unethusiastic to be a Nintendo fan as I am now. I've owned practically every Nintendo console except for the Wii U and I am older and have less time to play games but one thing is true: Nintendo isn't the same. Tbh, I was more happy during Wii era, even there were tough times but lets take a look at what Nintendo has lost over the years.

1. 3rd Part Support

2. Sales

If you think about it, other than that, Nintendo is still the same, they're still making franchise games and creating new ones, but one thing Nintendo is doing wrong is making the same mistake twice. Make a proper system, give the fans what they want (a proper controller, 3rd party games, a more powerful console, a better online infrastructure, etc).

The fans have spoken. We really are done settling. We are done putting up with slightly better than average. Nintendo needs to allow the Wii to slowly die after another year and a half and put Zelda on NX! Give us want we want! If not, we're willing to look elsewhere.

What do you want? You thoughs and comments...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:

H

If you think about it, other than that, Nintendo is still the same, 

That's the entire problem.  They have failed to grow with the industry they saved.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I have to disagree. I personally thought the Wii U looked dumb and didn't buy one till this last boxing day, and i wish i would have bought one sooner. I don't think anyone is settling by buying a wii u, they have a ton of great games and the graphics are fine. Would it make Pikmin 3 or mario 3d world better by having a better graphics system in place? 

It would be nice to have third party support but really how many games are you going to and can afford to buy. The wii u has a lot of great games and some very good ones too.  I am a Nintendo fan, and I have been for years. I purchased all three consoles last generation and was very disapointed by the wii. I also didn't buy a gamecube until 2 years ago as it's lineup of games seemed pretty weak.

Personally I don't think it is getting the sales it deserves but the games that they are making are some of the best in it's history so i honestly would suggest you try it out. If all you care about is power and graphics get a pc. If you are interested in trying something different and area nintendo fan, actually try a wii u before saying that you are unhappy with it.

I don't think that is the reason the Wii U failed. Granted, if the price point was even more powerful hardware would help. Third party support died because of a lack of sales.

The problem with the Wii U was the games mainly. What games really used the Gamepad well? What games were really designed for the casual owner that made the Wii U a success? A slightly improved Wii Fit? A more expensive Wii Sports that just added online?

What was there to appeal to anyone outside Nintendo's usual? Which games really brought something new to their franchise? What new franchises were built? Splatoon, and little else (aside from poor overlooked wonderful 101). Why would someone not already firmly in Nintendo's grasp want this thing?

Add to this confusing marketing. A lot of people (dumb people but still) thought the system was an add on for the Wii. A lot of people simply didn't know there was a new console.

As a Nintendo fan, I've had a lot of fun with the Wii U. But I can't really recommend it to people that haven't enjoyed Nintendo's offerings in the past. There's no game (aside from maybe Splatoon) that would really change their mind, and no games to keep the casual gamers involved. A lot of the Wii U's failure had to do with the software and not just that the Wii U wasn't a "proper" system.

But I don't want Zelda U on the NX... I invested on purchasing a wiiU for exclusive games like Zelda and the wiiU has gotten fuck all in terms of a dedicated Zelda game from Nintendo and not having an exclusive/dedicated Zelda game for the wiiU would devalue my investment on the console... And if that happens, I sure won't be buying the NX at launch (unless its a handheld obviously) cause it would make me lose faith in Nintendo to deliver me games because their ability to deliver me games would be based on the platform's success or failure

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Wii U is awesome. Buying one is hardly "settling". It's had all of my favorite games so far this generation. I feel kind of bad for any Nintendo fan who doesn't have one yet, because they're missing out on some of the best games Nintendo has made/published in years.

I personally won't buy a Wii U because I don't like Nintendo's policies. Things like region locking still being in place. Things like no voice chat in first party titles. Not being able to buy the Wii U without the mainly useless gamepad. This goes back all the way to the SNES where they forcefully gimped Mortal Kombat. Even with the Gamecube where they went out of their way to restricted PAL users from running games in 480P and not only made their official component cables extremely rare and hard to obtain, but also refused to let third parties make their own component cables(official Gamecube component cables now go for $300US+).

If the NX continues with these prehistoric trends, I will also not purchase it.

Yeah the NX just needs to take over.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

You say they are the same Nintendo you know and love other than sales and third party support, then say that the Wii U is something to "settle" for as opposed to the Wii, despite having the same quality of games. Confused post.

I will also take this chance to say I think the NX is a handheld, like I say on every NX post

I was a big Nintendo fan during the Wii era, my first console and had so many games. Now I only play 3ds. Saving up for a PS4 sorry Wii U.