By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U needs slow death, rise of NX and is Zelda delay inevitable?

theARTIST0017 said:

Hello Nintendo fans. I've never been so unexcited and unethusiastic to be a Nintendo fan as I am now. I've owned practically every Nintendo console except for the Wii U and I am older and have less time to play games but one thing is true: Nintendo isn't the same. Tbh, I was more happy during Wii era, even there were tough times but lets take a look at what Nintendo has lost over the years.

1. 3rd Part Support

2. Sales

If you think about it, other than that, Nintendo is still the same, they're still making franchise games and creating new ones, but one thing Nintendo is doing wrong is making the same mistake twice. Make a proper system, give the fans what they want (a proper controller, 3rd party games, a more powerful console, a better online infrastructure, etc).

The fans have spoken. We really are done settling. We are done putting up with slightly better than average. Nintendo needs to allow the Wii to slowly die after another year and a half and put Zelda on NX! Give us want we want! If not, we're willing to look elsewhere.

What do you want? You thoughs and comments...

Your post is little confusing, you say that you were more happy with Wii that you had than with Wii U that you don't have!? I disagree, Wii U is great console for Nintendo fans, for me it have better games than Wii.

Only thing that Nintendo lost with this gen are sales, they never really had good 3rd party support.

Not all Nintendo fans wants powerful console, Wii U is example how not so powerful console can have great and good looking Nintendo games.

If you expecting full 3rd party support and powerful console, you want be pleased with NX, but if you again want great and looking Nintendo games, some good exclusives, console that will be affordable and probably little stronger than Wii U, than you will be satisfied.

Around the Network

The wii u doesn't need to die. Its the only console that is actually delivering the goods.

You think you are representative of an average Nintendo customer. You are not. Customers have spoken: They want Wii and DS like consoles and reject systems like Gamecube and Wii U.

If Nintendo focuses on third party support and a powerful console you can already say your goodbye to them.

I bought a WiiU under the assumption that there would at one point be a Zelda game and I would get to play at least a dozen great and fresh Nintendo games in the mean time. Sadly, while there most certainly are great games on WiiU, that last part is proceeding slower than I wanted and Zelda U is sadly still quite some time away. So that's disappointing.

I still dearly want that game though, rather sooner than later, however judging by the state of the console and the period of time Zelda U will likely release it seems like such a waste of potential and sales to release it on WiiU. Maybe they should further delay it to NX. I could understand if they did, even if that means it punches an even bigger dent in my appreciation of the WiiU.

I still think it will release on WiiU regardless though, in fact I'm quite sure of it. Maybe they'll port it to the NX, or at least it's home-console variety, sometime after.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
The wii u doesn't need to die. Its the only console that is actually delivering the goods.

...said no Metroid fan ever.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:

I really wonder how you can do your job properly with these big blinders you are wearing. Are you trying to talk every customer seeking advice into buying a Wii U, no matter what their preferences are?

Yeah it has to die and ninti needs to do what is the best

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

JWeinCom said:
I don't think that is the reason the Wii U failed. Granted, if the price point was even more powerful hardware would help. Third party support died because of a lack of sales.

The problem with the Wii U was the games mainly. What games really used the Gamepad well? What games were really designed for the casual owner that made the Wii U a success? A slightly improved Wii Fit? A more expensive Wii Sports that just added online?

What was there to appeal to anyone outside Nintendo's usual? Which games really brought something new to their franchise? What new franchises were built? Splatoon, and little else (aside from poor overlooked wonderful 101). Why would someone not already firmly in Nintendo's grasp want this thing?

Add to this confusing marketing. A lot of people (dumb people but still) thought the system was an add on for the Wii. A lot of people simply didn't know there was a new console.

As a Nintendo fan, I've had a lot of fun with the Wii U. But I can't really recommend it to people that haven't enjoyed Nintendo's offerings in the past. There's no game (aside from maybe Splatoon) that would really change their mind, and no games to keep the casual gamers involved. A lot of the Wii U's failure had to do with the software and not just that the Wii U wasn't a "proper" system.

It's a combination of the two sides. Why people don't want to buy the games. They are not happy the system lacks insert whatever. So they will skip the games regardless how good they are. So they sell bad. 3rd parties give up. No one looks at Nintendo for all the other games, console doesn't have what people want,  Cycle repeats.

Nintendoom strikes again.

HandofPrometheus said:
I was a big Nintendo fan during the Wii era, my first console and had so many games. Now I only play 3ds. Saving up for a PS4 sorry Wii U.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Wii U has many great games even when compared to PS4 and One, but the lack of 3rd party just doesn't make it strong in sales and makes it more of a one dynamic system. I miss the 3rd party support tbh.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .