By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V DLC characters can be earned by playing the game

Roronaa_chan said:
Beta starts soon right? Haven't got an email..

Beta emails go out on July 20th

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DerNebel said:
This is unexpected and actually pretty big news. It does still depend on how the whole ingame economy is balanced of course, but generally this is a very positive thing in todays gaming landscape.

To be fair, this is due to the relatively small cast the game is launching. Hence, its a similar rush to market strategy Killer Instainct was criticized for.

SFV can't be 16 chracters for $60, espeically after SFIV launched with 25.

Frankly, I'm okay with this strategy because I want to play SFV soon, but I don't want it rushed. So we can play what's ready now. However, this is also fodder for those who complain about incomplete games on the market.

That seems like literally the most negative possible way of looking at this and a quite frankly not really logical one. They are not revamping their entire DLC system because they launch with less characters than SFIV did.

Considering another comment of yours in this thread I'm not sure if you've got this news correctly: You can get all post-launch gameplay content either by playing or by paying.

tsogud said:
It's ridiculous how this is even news...

its not news this is a forum talking about a blog post. 

Mr Puggsly said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That's the thing, I don't think people look at SSB, MK, or Injustice as balanced games.

Bottom line, SFV is going launch with 16 character but more are coming. I imagine around 7-10 characters are coming before they can justify selling additional characters.

The article says all the future characters are gonna be earnable for free, so they won't be "selling" any additional characters in the sense that real world money is the only way to obtain them.

If they don't plan on selling any characters ever, well I guess they will push costumes and other micro transactions.

Yeah and costume is affecting games balance and gameplay mechanic???

All I know is Juri better be in the game.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

We can unlock dlc characters by just.... playing the game??? Are you back to the SNES/Genesis days...????? O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

That's great news! I wish every fighting game was that generous.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't believe AT ALL that Capcom won't make paid DLC. This is the company who sold 4 differents Street Fighter IV, and a shit ton of DLC on Street x Tekken. If we don't get any paid DLC, then Street 6 will come in 2018.

GamechaserBE said:

Protendo said:

I like how you guys mock them instead of getting behind it.

These are characters not on the disc that you will be able to unlock at a later date. This is a first. This is th efirst pro consumer stance I've seen developers take in a while.

Because of

Welcome to Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast (And PS2/Xbox)

This definitely likely spells the end of all the updated versions. This thing likely truly is for all intensive purposes a locked down console exclusive forever.