By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you need from Nintendo to deliver with NX?

Snoopy said:

If Nintendo NX wants to be successful it needs to be priced at 200 dollars. Have a normal controller. Don't try to compete with ps4 and xbox one in terms of graphics. Hardly anyone is going to buy the console for third party support. Release all your nintendo great games (basically like the game cube). However, the one thing they need to do most and by far is to make new ips and constantly make them. As soon as you stop, so does the sales of Nintendo NX.

sounds like a recipe for failure.

Around the Network

fully functional online features. That means the new smash bros runs as smooth as playstation all-stars battle royale (i RARELY have any online issues with this game). That means reliable PARTY chat with a wireless bluetooth headset. It means, if there's a splatoon 2, i can strategize with my friends (who would come back to nintendo if we could talk during gameplay) at the very least during the 3 second count before the start of a match.
Lately i've been playing alot of "Rocket League" on ps4, and it really feels like a nintendo game with functional online. It's a taste of what nintendo should be in 2015 and isn't. This is what i need from the new home console.
Also a full list of 20 games i'm proud to own over a 5 year life span (or 4 games a year) in it's library is a must as well. I'm starting to worry about the wii u. To me, personally, if your console can't provide me 4 games a year that are so good that i have to own them (not just play them and sell/trade them) then it is a failure. The wii u is starting to worry me. right now my library is as follows:
1 mario 3d world
2 bayonetta 1 (i'm being generous here)
3 bayonetta 2
4 pikmin 3
5 mario kart
6 smash bros
7 splatoon
had hyrule warriors and it was fun, but not a keeper, same with donkey kong and nsmbu and i fully expect star fox to be the same..
we're coming up on 3 years. if mario maker fatal frame and xenoblade turn out well that thats 10. it should be at 12 by years end. Cutting it kinda close and that's worrisome. With the wii u underperforming i was hoping they would pull out all the stops and bring something crazy like a new eternal darkness, or really shake things up with star fox. Unfortunately that's not the case. Spatoon was a nice surprise though.

It should have something that differentiates it from the Xbox and PS4. People already have those, they're a different market.

NX should take the touchscreen controls to the next level by having far more sleek handheld systems as the controller, rather than the ugly Wii U game pad that is only good as a controller, and not a handheld system as well. This time have some major games besides Mario Kart. Bring a AAA Mario, a AAA Zelda, a AAA Pokemon, a AAA Donkey Kong. Bring some RPGs like Fire Emblem, and way more games than what got released on Wii U. Three years in and we don't even have a Zelda or Mario Kart, these need to be out first year, and NSMB or HD ports of 3D Mario games from 3DS don't count for Mario, and ports of Celda from GameCube don't count either.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I just need amazing games amd something innovative.

celestriad said:

gosh, cut the crap. nintendo always competes with sony and ms, with the difference that nintendo actually targets real gamers. Of course the next console WILL be meant to replace current hardware, that's the whole point of releasing a new system in all kinds of industries.

Sure gamers of all age.... This year Nintendo release: Kibry and the rainbow Curse; Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars; Mario Party 10; Splatoon, Super Mario Maker; Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Star Fox Zero; Yoshi's Woolly World & Xenoblade Chronicles X. The only Teen game is Xenoblade and that's only published by Nintendo. 

Face the facts Nintendo doesn't target the hardcore gamers. Even Zelda is meant for Everyone 10+, they have no interest in making Teen or Mature games. 

When you say is meant to replace the current hardware, I hope you mean only the WiiU and exclude Xbox One and PS4. Just look at the WiiU came out years after Xbox 360 and PS3 and the hardware is only on par with the old generation of consoles. 

I would lower my expectation if I were you.

Around the Network

I will buy it .if have a lot games all kind . because i dont care for Mario end others few Nintendo ips

Everything you just said except that it has to be $200 or less considering it will probably be a first parties machine. Paying more than that for a few exclusive isn't worth it IMO.

1) $150-$200
2) At least 100GB of BUILT-IN storage
3) 2-4x the performance of the Wii U
4) A big exclusive released every other month (6 per year)
Optional: Excellent streaming support - HBO, Hulu, Netflix, and the rest. It needs ALL OF THEM.

Do these things and I can totally see myself buying your console Nintendo

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Angelv577 said:
Everything you just said except that it has to be $200 or less considering it will probably be a first parties machine. Paying more than that for a few exclusive isn't worth it IMO.

Exactly.  +1

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]