By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you need from Nintendo to deliver with NX?

I need them to stay true to their philosophy, then i won´t be disappointed

Around the Network
Smear-Gel said:
yvanjean said:

The price tag is really important because most of us will own either a PS4 or Xbox One. It's important to note that the NX is going to try to attract customer to basicly play Nintendo specific games. Therefore the price is very important they simply can't expect us PS4 & Xbox one owner to fork over $400-500.... even $299 is a stretch. 

The WiiU would often be critized by developper for lack of power and gamer for dreadful loading time. The NX doesn't need to focus on 4k and Virtual reality type of hardware output it simly need to able to produce HD graphic and faster load time for that it will need something much more powerful then the WiiU but staying withing the price point of of under $299.99. The increase in power that I mention is not to future proof the console but rather to bring the future Nintendo console up to HD standard and performance. The NX will be much less powerful then Xbox one and PS4 that's a given.

Well it's gonna be a handheld imo so lower power is a given, yeah.

But expecting them to make the hardware vastly more powerful and yet lowering the price to something Wii U isnt even at yet is really, really pushing it. If it was a console.

Well, even though wii u is at $299, it could already be $199 without bundled software. But it's true that for $249 in 2016 it would still not be possible for a hardware to be vastly supeior. Give it a 2017 release starting at $299 and we can star talking.

TBH I don't really care about anything except for the top-notch first party games that we all know and love.

I don't buy Nintendo consoles for third party support, I still think GC graphics looks great, I don't really want to pay for online, and I'm willing to pay the price if it's worth it. I'm probably the 1% that thinks this but that's honestly how I feel when I want Nintendo consoles.

Needs to be next gen bottom line. I will never again pay over $200 for a new controller... I have been stuck in the past while sony and microsoft fans play with power like I used to in the glory days of Nintendo.

illdill1987 said:

Needs to be next gen bottom line. I will never again pay over $200 for a new controller... I have been stuck in the past while sony and microsoft fans play with power like I used to in the glory days of Nintendo.

Try being serious next time you post.

Around the Network

First.. this is about NX (handheld)

1. WiiU like power
2. TV out (HDMI)
3. Better touch and 3D
4. More type of apps
5. More sensors (gps. and the thing in the WiiU sport "sensor")
6. VLC player app

And mayby it's also time for Nintendo handheld to get phone capabilities..
(that would offcourse deamand a more "android" like os.. but I don't think that would be so bad..

I don't mention games or much better online.. becourse we know that is a given

$1000 CONSOLE

make it so powerful that i will want to buy it. getting too old for gaming and time is limited so give me a send off on a high note lol.

traveler72 said:
illdill1987 said:

Try being serious next time you post.

Lol I am being serious... Wii was a gamecube with a new controller... Wii U is a ps3 with a new controller. They are always a generation behind these days and I simply wont be stuck in the past anymore. ;)

On part with Xbox One (at a minimum), good launch titles, good price ($300).

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Sucess and no gimmick that isnt too dumb. I will probably not be getting it otherwise.

I feel burned with the Wii U if this is really going to replace it, so they still have a long road to regain my trust.