By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you need from Nintendo to deliver with NX?

A normal controller being an option (as in, you can do everything with it and not just some things like the Wii U Pro Controller)
Physical games
Unified online infrastructure with the option for a paid subscription membership model with perks (like PS+ for PS3)
Kind of silly, but I'd like a console that doesn't attract fingerprints. Gloss needs to GTFO
A better Virtual Console service. Needs better, frequent support and actual Gamecube games
Ability to play our handheld games on the TV (if NX is going for fusion or otherwise)
Native backwards compatibility with Wii U games

That's what I would like the NX to have.

Around the Network
etking said:

M-rated AAA games like Perfect Dark and Goldeneye, made by a first party team or a dark Zelda game made for grown up gamers. More seriuos games and high quality games that can be enjoyed by older players in general. Games like Shenmue 3.

A new Zelda game with the TP artstyle will excite me, tbh.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I miss the Nintendo of Gunpei Yokoi and Takashi Tezuka. They both made the best Nintendo games ever created. Today, Nintendo is only the shadow of that company. Wii/DS times bured the Nintendo legacy to the deepest. I don't expect anything about NX. I can't be optimistic. I wish I will be wrong about it. Sorry.

Kotastic said:
TBH I don't really care about anything except for the top-notch first party games that we all know and love.

I don't buy Nintendo consoles for third party support, I still think GC graphics looks great, I don't really want to pay for online, and I'm willing to pay the price if it's worth it. I'm probably the 1% that thinks this but that's honestly how I feel when I want Nintendo consoles.

What Nintendo need more then 3rd party is 2nd party support.... hence why Nintendo should partner with Capcom. Sega partnership has not given them any meaningful game. Secure more games from Platinum games. 

traveler72 said:
yvanjean said:

The price tag is really important because most of us will own either a PS4 or Xbox One. It's important to note that the NX is going to try to attract customer to basicly play Nintendo specific games. Therefore the price is very important they simply can't expect us PS4 & Xbox one owner to fork over $400-500.... even $299 is a stretch. 

The WiiU would often be critized by developper for lack of power and gamer for dreadful loading time. The NX doesn't need to focus on 4k and Virtual reality type of hardware output it simly need to able to produce HD graphic and faster load time for that it will need something much more powerful then the WiiU but staying withing the price point of of under $299.99. The increase in power that I mention is not to future proof the console but rather to bring the future Nintendo console up to HD standard and performance. The NX will be much less powerful then Xbox one and PS4 that's a given.

Yeah, you're very wrong at that. Hardware manufacturer's wnt their product to be bought INSTEAD of the competitors. Expecting the manufacturers to make a console without believing in it is unrealistic.

You need to remember what they did with the Wii and WiiU. WiiU failures can be attributed to the inclusion of gamepad that never had killer software to warrant the purchase not the underpowered WiiU hardware.  Nintendo strategy has been to focus on family friendly product that can attract the casual market. Nintedo isn't going to be competing with the Xbox one and PS4 especially since these console are in the 3-4 year of their current cycle. It would foolish to make a powerful machine with high price tag that meant to replace current gen hardware. Instead the NX is going to be a casual friendly product that offer something diffent. Casual friendly market price for a console is $250-299. Therefore, expect the NX to have what power that can by squeeze in a price tag of $299.

Around the Network

Achievements and backward compatibility for WiiU games.

"I need", "I want" coming from gamers who are 25-40 years old isn't really the market Nintendo should be listening to either (hate to say it). They need to get a new generation of kids otherwise they will not have a foundation for their business for the next 10-20 years. They need to take more chances on new IP like Splatoon, but the IP must be marketable. 

A Nintendo that's basically stuck selling to 40-year-old men who are trying to relive their youth is a bit of a sad prospect, they need a new generation of fans. In the same way you could say that The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast, and The Lion King brought Disney a new generation of fans. 

When I was young in the 80s, parents didn't play games, they were buying it for their kids who were saying "I want a Nes, all my friends as one, me too, please , please!!!". Now I am a parent and I still love nintendo game, but kids now want something else, they want XbO or PS4, not nintendo. As a Company you need to go where the money is and it is not in the kids hands, it is in their parent's hands. Sell something that the parents wants also and you will reach their kids. So give me a console I want and I will gladly pay for a Nintendo game for my kids. Give me something that is out of date again (even if there are goods games for WiiU out there) and I will buy a plastation and you know what? My kids will be happy to have the same console as their friends and won't care for Nintendo games that they have never seen or played. Reaching new generation of gamers goes through the parents now, it not like before, parents are gamers too these days and the ones who pays in the end. By the way, 40 year old men always try to relive their youth, it is in the nature of life and they have money at that age to do it...

Honestly, all I need on their system is good 1st party games. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. Anything else is just a nice added bonus. Sure, I would love 3rd party support, but no 3rd party support isn't going to stop me from buying the NX, just like it didn't stop me from buying the Wii U.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Needs to have at least 5 JRPGs that I can't get elsewhere. I have in general given up on Metroid, Mario, and Zelda.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Well they can hire Kojima and let him make a new ip.

And Splatoon 2 for launch would go some way to stealing Halo's market in the US, along with more third-party support.

Also, Monster Hunter 4 NX for launch.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.