By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away

Really shocking, this came out of nowhere for me, never realised he was that sick. Didn't always agree with his decisions but he cared about games and gamers, not everyone high up in the industry does. Mad respect.

Around the Network

I got the news this morning when I was working my shift. I was so sad and cried a little bit. Felt a little weird to care about someone I don't know personally, but he really was a treasure and left a lasting impression. He died too young, but led an amazing life while he was here.

RIP Iwata. You'll be dearly missed.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Hynad said:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/07/13/a-farewell-tribute-to-nintendos-satoru-iwata

Manly tears were shed....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

__Hydra__ said:
I just got off of work and saw this, I really thought Satoru Iwata would be with Nintendo for plenty of generations to come. Its the end of an era, without Iwata's vision for Nintendo I can't help but feel a bit uneasy about the direction of the company now. Will this be one of those what if moments of history that become a deciding factor in the fate of Nintendo?

I wouldn't worry too much, in Nintendo still remain all the seniors (Miyamoto, Takeda, Tezuka, Sakurai, etc.) they all share the same philosophy and outlook of the company like Iwata did, also Iwata had these health problems for a while now, I want to think that the company was prepared for the worst case scenario, so at least I think that this won't change Nintendo's vision and ideals.

In the split second it took to notice the top left vgchartz front page image, I went from cheerful to really saddened. RIP Iwata san

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

I apologize, everyone. My deepest regards for his soul got the better of me and was not appropriate for this thread.

Please, no more hate spam.

R.I.P, Mr. Iwata.

EpicLight said:
I apologize, everyone. My deepest regards for his soul got the better of me and was not appropriate for this thread.

Please, no more hate spam.

R.I.P, Mr. Iwata.

It's okay, bro. Strong of you to apologize. We all say inappropiate things sometimes. Don't mind that sentence someone wrote about you.

Game on!

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

R.I.P Iwata :(

spurgeonryan said:
I do not think anyone could ever properly replace this great man at Nintendo. ..

So what you mean without him Nintendo business  will not be alright ?

Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata