By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away

There is a petition to make an Iwata Amiibo

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-create-an-amiibo-of-satoru-iwata?recruiter=18563756&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Iwata-san

Satoru Iwata's importance to modern gamers is more than words could ever describe. After helping to create some of Nintendo's biggest fanchises such as Pokemon, Earthbound and Super Smash Bros., Mr. Iwata's legacy influences and inspires anyone who has ever picked up a Wiimote or 3DS stylus.

Mr. Iwata's business knowledge and work ethic as Nintendo's CEO will always be remembered. Being responsible for Nintendo's most profitable times and taking responsibility for Nintendo's financially turbulent times, Mr. Iwata has made several tough decisions based on a simple tenet: "Is this Nintendo?" 

These are just a few reasons why we should honor Satoru Iwata with his very own amiibo. Even if the amiibo itself lacks in-game functionality, it serves as a small reminder of Iwata's legacy and accomplishments. 

*Please note that this petition is not affiliated with Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, or the family or Satoru Iwata and will be respectfully taken down upon request by Nintendo or the family of Satoru Iwata*

I don't have any amiibo, I don't like them, but I would buy it in a heart beat.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I would buy it in a heart beat.

oh god, what?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
JEMC said:

oh god, what?

Of course I would. Why not? It would be a nice way for us to show that we feel his loss.

Besides, with things like that, all profits usually go to charity (or in this case to fund more studies towards the desease that took his life), so it would be money well spent.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
megaman79 said:
JEMC said:

oh god, what?

Of course I would. Why not? It would be a nice way for us to show that we feel his loss.

Besides, with things like that, all profits usually go to charity (or in this case to fund more studies towards the desease that took his life), so it would be money well spent.

haha, I meant the turn of phrase. 

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Kirby Dream Team