By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has passed away

He was battling cancer or something awhile back. Sad to see him go and sucks that there was so much negativity towards him recently with wanting him fired, etc... Sure he made mistakes and it didn't help that he was mistranslated a lot or quotes taken out of context. However, I believe he tried to do what is best for Nintendo and will be remembered in a positive light.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

EarthBound creator Shigesato Itoi on Iwata’s passing

Really beautiful stuff.

We've lost a lot of important people over the last two years, but this one is really hitting me hard.

He was relatively young, and he contributed so much to this hobby we all love. I'll miss hearing his voice and seeing his smile on Nintendo Directs. 

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Iwata-san.

Yeah the directs. I cant imagine them being the same ever again for me personally. Iwata struggling with the english language in the directs always...always brought a smile to my face. And he done it and done it well.

Very sad and unexpected. You will be missed, Iwata-san. :'-(

This is really sad to hear about. May he rest in peace.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

May you bring joy in the next life, as you brought joy in ours.

RIP to a legend!

Apparently, there is a rainbow over Nintendo's Kyoto headquarters today. How touching...

http://kotaku.com/today-there-was-a-rainbow-over-nintendos-kyoto-headqua-1717437663?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

RIP, Mr. Iwata. Nintendo lost a good man.

Wow, I was not expecting to wake up to this news today.

RiP Iwata.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson