By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just played TLOU for the first time..

I own the game but haven't finished it. :/

Around the Network

Probably the best game I have played in the last ten years. The stealth aspects were great, the survival horror elements felt tense(more of a survival horror game than the last 3 mainline resident evil games). The gunplay was also on point. The story, characters and cinematics just added icing onto an already excellent cake.

WrathofTank said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

This. 

I was similar but I was a "I am running straight toward the surgery room, you leave her the fuck alone and if you get in my way I will paint the walls with your brains, no one is fucking touching her"

lol this was my exact reaction too.  Those doctors died horrible deaths once I got in there

i was the opposite, i didnt want to kill them, i was like, she's the cure! do what you have to.

Why do you think Sony is bundling it with practically every PS4? This game made me feel things. Gotta love the feeling of tension when you spot a Clicker.

Great experience no doubt. I can't find a more emotionally driven story that makes you care about every character, minor or major, from start to finish.

Around the Network

I also think the health system plays a major part aswell. For so long we hade been bombarded with regenative health that i think a lot of people forgot how much more interesting a game is without it. That and the interesting and well balanced RPG ellements made for very solid gameplay.

I do find it always a bit amusing how the "Big Moral Choice™" in The Last of Us isn't something that's contrived or something that has any tangible effect on the outcome of the game, it's what you do with the innocent support staff in the surgery room.

I kill all of them all every time though. I was more forgiving to the infected, but every Firefly had to die.

This game defined naughty dog as one of the best developers if not the best out there and yes I am including every Nintendo team. They created a defining gaming storytelling masterpiece with characters, which have more depth than most real actors. The gameplay is solid especially on PS4, except the water parts, the graphics are very good even for 8th gen standards they are good enough on PS4.

This is the best game Sony ever created on any playstation platform and Uncharted 4 might match or even surpass it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

bananaking21 said:

TLoU is IMO, probably the best game ever made. Gameplay was perfect, story, music, graphics, characters, story telling. everything was just perfect. 

+1, will be difficult to surpass.

Yeah it's that good. Very few games deserve the high critical acclaim they get, this is one of those few.
What's even more surprising is that on top of the great SP they managed to squeeze in a MP that's better than almost every other modern game.