By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just played TLOU for the first time..

Miguel_Zorro said:
You guys are making me want to do another play through.

This is one of a few games I will replay from time to time just like I rewatch favourite movies from time to time. Maybe one day I will get the PS4 remaster, but for now I'm content to stick with the PS3 original.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
JinxRake said:
I'll admit, at the end I was entirely in the mindset of "I will kill every single one of you, no questions asked, no mercy given. Not one of you will walk out of here in one piece, not one of you will be left to tell others we were ever here."
I haven't had such a visceral, pure emotional reaction in a game since I first played Ace Combat V: The Unsung War. I was entrenched so deep into the story and the atmosphere, that I finally felt completely disconnected from reality while playing.

Such a fantastic game.

This. 

I was similar but I was a "I am running straight toward the surgery room, you leave her the fuck alone and if you get in my way I will paint the walls with your brains, no one is fucking touching her"

lol this was my exact reaction too.  Those doctors died horrible deaths once I got in there

GribbleGrunger said:
I really hope that ND doesn't take notice of the 'starts off slow' crew because if they do it will completely ruin the franchise.

Starts off slow? The chaos of the fungal apocalypse is the first thing that happens. Things take a bit of a downbeat direction for the first few 20 years later scenes segments, but the only slowness about it is that you're not re-introduced to the infected immediately, and clickers don't come along for quite a while. But I would disagree with it being a slow start.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm completely with Joel at the end there's no way I would give Ellie up, although it would be for the better of humanity but Naughty Dog did a great job at making me feel Paternal for Ellie everytime someone was on her or attacking her I lost my shit and blew their face off.

10/10

Thing is, Joel may have actually have been right.  Ellie wasn't the first person to have mutated fungus in her head.

I called The Last of Us as the culmination of technology, art, and game design of human history. Nothing ever close to it lol, maybe only Naughty Dog could ever surpassed it.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

TLoU is IMO, probably the best game ever made. Gameplay was perfect, story, music, graphics, characters, story telling. everything was just perfect.

Some portions of the story and some gameplay elements were a bit rough if you ask me.

HollyGamer said:
I called The Last of Us as the culmination of technology, art, and game design of human history. Nothing ever close to it lol, maybe only Naughty Dog could ever surpassed it.

And it can only be done in the form of a video game. Movies doesn't cut to well enough to get that kind of state of mind going. Yeah at a movie you can say"Go Joel! Go save Ellie!" but in a game you're basically like "I need to save Ellie! Run run, holy shit there's a guy, get the fuck out of the way! run run run, where the fuck is she?"

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

The praise is overblown for one reason. It's not innovative. Games like OOT, the reason they get so much praise is because they change AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY. This game was great, and I have no issue with the praise. But it shouldn't be put into OOT category because it didn't really change anything. It is more evolution than revolution.

After about 5 hours or so of game, Id just remove my inards before turning on the consolto avoid having them riped out every 30 minutes or so by te game. This game made me feel things I didnt even know one person could feel, the most imersive experience I ever had in any form of media. And the fact that it has one ending set in stone makes it even better, Im tired of these games with these chose your own adventure kind of endings, those arent realy endings cause if anythign couldve happened, nothing actualy happened. The fact that the directors owned theyre story and told everybody, this i the ending to the tale, now deal with it was amazing.

WrathofTank said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

This. 

I was similar but I was a "I am running straight toward the surgery room, you leave her the fuck alone and if you get in my way I will paint the walls with your brains, no one is fucking touching her"

lol this was my exact reaction too.  Those doctors died horrible deaths once I got in there

I was like that as well, I went balls to the walls, shooting and running, speeding trough everybody to get to her, I had to protect her, I was her only hope, it was a phenomenal experience.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The praise is overblown for one reason. It's not innovative. Games like OOT, the reason they get so much praise is because they change AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY. This game was great, and I have no issue with the praise. But it shouldn't be put into OOT category because it didn't really change anything. It is more evolution than revolution.

They set the standard for story telling which can make all forms of media re-evaluate themselves.

And at the same time providing fantastic gameplay, setting, visuals, sound (the sound of making a nail bomb is still awesome) and immersion. If it isn't your thing then that's cool, but you can understand why it is generation defining for many many people.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'