By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I just played TLOU for the first time..

I've spent hours discussing that ending with friends, some of whom don't play games, because it's one of those extremely rare endings where you're left not only questioning the ending, but your own morals as well. Amazing title.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
JinxRake said:
I'll admit, at the end I was entirely in the mindset of "I will kill every single one of you, no questions asked, no mercy given. Not one of you will walk out of here in one piece, not one of you will be left to tell others we were ever here."
I haven't had such a visceral, pure emotional reaction in a game since I first played Ace Combat V: The Unsung War. I was entrenched so deep into the story and the atmosphere, that I finally felt completely disconnected from reality while playing.

Such a fantastic game.

This. 

I was similar but I was a "I am running straight toward the surgery room, you leave her the fuck alone and if you get in my way I will paint the walls with your brains, no one is fucking touching her"

You build a genuine relationship with Ellie, something that's believable and feels natural. The whole winter sequence with her is just fantastic, how you try and take care of Joel at that point. It was amazing how real that relationship felt and it draws you in if you give it the proper chance. 

When I went with Joel into the blizzard bound town, I knew that I was wounded, that I was low on supplies and that there were a lot of enemies. What he does to find information made me really understand the character and how much Ellie meant to him. 

BraLoD said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

This. 

I was similar but I was a "I am running straight toward the surgery room, you leave her the fuck alone and if you get in my way I will paint the walls with your brains, no one is fucking touching her"

Exactly.

I was "please still be alive, please still be alive" and I would also choose her over the whole world, just like he did.

I went running like a bitch to grt out of there, and I'm quite the collector and lovr to explore every piece of the places I pass by, but I was "fuck this, I won't risk Ellie", it may not appear to be much, but to me it was a huge love expression XD

The amount of times I stopped in the game to go visit every room to collect everything, and I'm completely with you there, that did not matter at all I needed to get her to safety ASAP. Also when in the hotel and you fell down the elevator shaft my thoughts were 'Holy fuck she's all alone up there' 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

JinxRake said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

This. 

You build a genuine relationship with Ellie, something that's believable and feels natural. The whole winter sequence with her is just fantastic, how you try and take care of Joel at that point. It was amazing how real that relationship felt and it draws you in if you give it the proper chance. 

When I went with Joel into the blizzard bound town, I knew that I was wounded, that I was low on supplies and that there were a lot of enemies. What he does to find information made me really understand the character and how much Ellie meant to him. 

I remember finding Ellie to be a total brat at the beginning, it was actually amazing to see the bond grow and to feel it yourself.

You definitely get the feeling that it doesn't matter how shit the world is to Joel as long as Ellie is there he'll get by just fine. 

The only bad side is pretty much every game feels lacking afterwards. I haven't played many games since I completed TLOU.

Though I play TLOU pretty much everytime I get the chance. Multiplayer is just as amazing as the single player.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:

The only bad side is pretty much every game feels lacking afterwards. I haven't played many games since I completed TLOU.

Though I play TLOU pretty much everytime I get the chance. Multiplayer is just as amazing as the single player.

I'm not a huge multiplayer guy but I'll definitely check it out then!

I just fired up Arkham Knight for the first time, got it a few days ago but wanted to play/finish TLOU first so hopefully it's not too much of a downgrade, it's a completely different game so I doubt my mind will make many comparisons.

I got the game for PS3 last Christmas I think and I've probably put about 4 hours into it before I stopped. It just didn't grab me like I hoped and while I plan to finish it, it isn't doing much to really pull me back in.

Welcome to reality.

The PS5 Exists. 

patronmacabre said:
KLAMarine said:
Bancho_Villa said:

As a completely unrelated aside, your profile pic is hilarious :)

Ditto.

I thank the both of you. May Zubatman watch over us all.

Praise! Praise be to the Zubatman!

tokilamockingbrd said:
Your not a true member if the club until you complain in at least 3 separate threads about the 7 out of 10 Polygon review.

Man fuck polygon