By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I just watched Zeitgeist

Whether you choose to believe the movie or not is entirely up to you, but for me, it just changed my perspective on everything a bit more (although I did already know a lot about some of what it was covering), no wonder the person who made it remained anonymous, because if not he'd be dead by now, it's pretty damn credible.

I imagine there will be a lot of haters for the Movie on this forum simply because you're not willing to believe you've been living in one big fat lie your whole life.

If you haven't watched it yet you'd probably need to be of a mature age to fully understand and comprehend what your mind will be subjected to.

As to haters of the Movie I'm interested to know what/why you believe the Movie is useless/crap or w/e, I can't think of anything anyone can say to counter the points and evidence made in the movie.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Did somebody call my name?

I don't mean to become the resident skeptic, but I've seen Zietgeist. All it is is three typical internet conspiracy documentaries wrapped in to one in the hopes that the three separate sections will somehow seem more relevant when viewed together. But to say that they play fast and lose with the facts is an understatement. It's compellingly put together to be sure. But it really is just the same old conspiracy theories.

So yeah. I guess I'm a "hater". But not because I'm unwilling to have my ideas and conceptions challenged. On the contrary. It's BECAUSE I think all ideas should be challenged. And Zeitgeist just doesn't hold up very well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ArtofAngels said:

no wonder the person who made it remained anonymous, because if not he'd be dead by now, it's pretty damn credible.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/statement.htm

Zeitgeist, produced by Peter Joseph....

How did you get through the 1st 5 min? I tried but never made it. Maybe if I was high or something I could but then I would not be able to get it (if there is something to get).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

May I call you a sheep?

Sorry, but you're worse than people who just live their lives like normal. You assume these conspiracies are true based on these loose facts that are given. You're led throughout the movie to question what you've been taught, so IMMEDIATELY you assume that this man's assertions are correct.

Well I have just as much if not more evidence against said conspiracies, and if they cannot be disproven, it is because conspiracies are by nature impossible to disprove.

That does not make them right, and I honestly hate it when people watch a movie like Zeitgeist and immediately think the world has been opened up to them.

Open your eyes wider, and realize that not everything is a conspiracy, and the things that are are less fantastical than you're made to believe.

Bankers stealing money? Corrupt politicians? Of course they exist, how could they not?

Government causing 9/11? Christianity exists to steal money from people? It's bullshit. The government can be pretty corrupt, but I think you don't understand the workings of the feds if you think they were the cause of 9/11.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
May I call you a sheep?

Sorry, but you're worse than people who just live their lives like normal. You assume these conspiracies are true based on these loose facts that are given. You're led throughout the movie to question what you've been taught, so IMMEDIATELY you assume that this man's assertions are correct.

Well I have just as much if not more evidence against said conspiracies, and if they cannot be disproven, it is because conspiracies are by nature impossible to disprove.

That does not make them right, and I honestly hate it when people watch a movie like Zeitgeist and immediately think the world has been opened up to them.

Open your eyes wider, and realize that not everything is a conspiracy, and the things that are are less fantastical than you're made to believe.

Bankers stealing money? Corrupt politicians? Of course they exist, how could they not?

Government causing 9/11? Christianity exists to steal money from people? It's bullshit. The government can be pretty corrupt, but I think you don't understand the workings of the feds if you think they were the cause of 9/11.

May I call you a sheep???

funny coming from a christian. 

Whatever, just a preemptive insult I suppose. If I say Zeitgist is bullshit and there's not enough substantial evidence to support it, let alone it's just the typical government and religion conspiracies, all the dissenters tell me to "go home sheep" because I clearly don't know anything and just do everything I'm told, eh?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

What so you can insult him???

Perhaps I'm just sick of the smug attitude that some people develop when they assert something like

"I imagine there will be a lot of haters for the Movie on this forum simply because you're not willing to believe you've been living in one big fat lie your whole life."

I'm not hating because I'm ignorant, I'm hating because I believe this to be false.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

You sir are afraid it could be true, you don't even want to think about this sort of stuff. I don't say I believe everything in the vid, but people are not stupid if they believe in it. (and BTW there are totally right about the whole Christian stuff). You say he must open his eyes wider while you are afraid to do so.