By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I just watched Zeitgeist

ArtofAngels said:

Wow, I get home from work and see all my VG buddies taking a stab at me, real mature, I asked for thoughts not a flame, I was generally aware of a proposed negative response from you guys, I also was willing to take in a counter argument because I'm sure much of the film can be questioned, such as the opposition, but it seems as though, as expected, 90% of Zeitgeist haters are religious and instantly hate the film based on it's attempt to rupture their beliefs.

I understand my attitude was off in my original post which would undoubtedly, now evidently, cause people to get on their high horse, but that was no reason to jump down my throat like that.

If you came to the forums talking about this new money making oppertunity where all we have to do invest X amount of money as an entry fee and sell Y product. Then we can recruite 10 more people and get a kick back off what they sell. You would get slapped. As you did when you decided to promote this trash which most people wouldn't even dignify with a response. I doubt you'll even find an anti-zeitgeist web-site. As im sure 90% of the poulation (even those who think the moon landing was faked) realize this is total bull.

And of course your going to get attacked when you say thing like

"I imagine there will be a lot of haters for the Movie on this forum simply because you're not willing to believe you've been living in one big fat lie your whole life." - you could have just said if you don't believe it, it's because you brain is to small to comprehend.

So happy Z-day to ya

and don't join the cult

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

I've seen it.
Its well put together.

Part 1 - Actual pretty accurate. Very well researched, and lines up with many historical refernces. Probably the best researched part of the film.

Part 2 - I kinda chuckled through most of that.
9/11 Conspiracy Theorists... I think they are somehwat crazy.
And most of this section has been debunked / challenged by other films / facts?
Maybe there is something there, but I'll have to say I disagree with this section.

Part 3 - Full of several half truths.
But you know... there is one astounding fact in this section.
No where in the IRS tax code or US Law does it say you have to pay income taxes. (I still do).
Ask any accountant you know ( I have) ask anyone within that field to show you where the law is.
No one can tell you.
The only answer I've ever got was when someone held up the tax code book, and said... THIS is the law.

Touche!

I'm gonna go play Smash Bros now.
PEACE

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

BenKenobi88 said:

Bankers stealing money? Corrupt politicians? Of course they exist, how could they not?

Government causing 9/11? Christianity exists to steal money from people? It's bullshit. The government can be pretty corrupt, but I think you don't understand the workings of the feds if you think they were the cause of 9/11.

Of course some people steal money (in the case of the Fed, print too much money and get first dibs on it).  Of course many politicians are corrupt.

The US government is in no way competent enough to have caused 9/11.  Christianity doesn't exist to just steal money, although, some of its leaders may be in it for money and/or power (like many politicians).  Some religions may actually exist to just steal money, though.  Look at Scientology. 

BenKenobi88, you seem alright. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

ArtofAngels said:

Wow, I get home from work and see all my VG buddies taking a stab at me, real mature, I asked for thoughts not a flame, I was generally aware of a proposed negative response from you guys, I also was willing to take in a counter argument because I'm sure much of the film can be questioned, such as the opposition, but it seems as though, as expected, 90% of Zeitgeist haters are religious and instantly hate the film based on it's attempt to rupture their beliefs.

I understand my attitude was off in my original post which would undoubtedly, now evidently, cause people to get on their high horse, but that was no reason to jump down my throat like that.

No you did not just ask for thoughts, you sayed everyone here who doesn´t believe it is living a big fat lie... how in the world is that not asking for massive flames ??? Oh and just because me and other users are with stof and ben on this one doesn´t mean we are hiding behind mods or are sheep, we just agree with the people using logic and thinking for themselfs, if you want to believe in conspiracy theorys that are based on nothing but speculation fine, but don´t expect others to believe it or to congratulate you to your new foud truth when you are calling them sheep for no good reason.

@ Freetalklife: Scientology is NOT a religion, many may claim it is but it just isn´t, if you consider it one you also have to include Star Wars and Star Trek, both would make a much better religion btw. 

Some of the extremely arrogant responses I've gotten from some of you makes me want to break out of your computer screen and punch you in the face really really fucking hard, repeatedly.

What is this, corner ArtofAngels? Why don't you throw a Bible down my fucking throat?

I came in open minded, I made the thread not for people to agree but to discuss, I have lost insane amounts or respect for a lot of you and the way you went about with your replies.

I said, *I can't think of anything anyone can say to counter the points and evidence made in the movie*

What I didn't say, *There is nothing anyone can say or do to counter the points made in this movie, if you do not agree with me and this movie you are a fool*

I expected replies like:

"Well Art, I see the influences this video has put on you, but let me explain a few things that might make you see my side (So on and so on)"

But no, instead I get shit like this:

BenKenobi88 said:
May I call you a sheep?

Sorry, but you're worse than people who just live their lives like normal.

^Thanks for the personal attack.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm just glad to be part of a forum with such awesome mods that shut down this kind of crap while I'm busy enjoying my Brawling. Saved me an argument guys. Thanks.

@ArtOfAngles... shame on you.

I'd been told by some people to czech this out but kept forgetting to. I saw this thread title and thought "oh yeah, I forgot about that, maybe I'll finally watch that this weekend." Then stof's first comment totally front blocked that idea for me. Well, back to sangria and sweet sweet tasting Brawl.

^Good luck getting out of that knot of self-contradiction.

thetonestar said:
I haven't seen that video, but Zeitgeist is pretty awful nonetheless.

^This kind of conclusion is just pathetic, especially if you haven't seen the film, but is very understandable if it's coming from someone who is heavily religious.

ArtofAngels said:

Garcian Smith said:

1) THE GOVERNMENT DID 9/11 and we have a few scintilla of proof which really doesn't stand up to the mounds of evidence stating otherwise but WE BELIEVE IT ANYWAY!!

2) CHRSTIANITY SUCKS!!!

3) Jewish INTERNATIONAL BANKERS SUCK!!!

..and add another:

4) QUESTION AUTHORITY (except for this movie which you shouldn't question at all because we have THE TRUTH)

I'll refer you to my original post:

If you haven't watched it yet you'd probably need to be of a mature age to fully understand and comprehend what your mind will be subjected to.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
I do not believe the whole movie, but I do believe parts of it, and not only because I've watched this movie. he proved nothing. It just goes beyond me how people who still believe in the bible, can say the someone else to open there eyes.

How about Stof then?  A noted and quite proud Atheist if i recall correctly.

ArtofAngels said:
Some of the extremely arrogant responses I've gotten from some of you makes me want to break out of your computer screen and punch you in the face really really fucking hard, repeatedly.

What is this, corner ArtofAngels? Why don't you throw a Bible down my fucking throat?

But no, instead I get shit like this:

BenKenobi88 said:
May I call you a sheep?

Sorry, but you're worse than people who just live their lives like normal.

^Thanks for the personal attack.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm just glad to be part of a forum with such awesome mods that shut down this kind of crap while I'm busy enjoying my Brawling. Saved me an argument guys. Thanks.

@ArtOfAngles... shame on you.

I'd been told by some people to czech this out but kept forgetting to. I saw this thread title and thought "oh yeah, I forgot about that, maybe I'll finally watch that this weekend." Then stof's first comment totally front blocked that idea for me. Well, back to sangria and sweet sweet tasting Brawl.

^Good luck getting out of that knot of self-contradiction.

thetonestar said:
I haven't seen that video, but Zeitgeist is pretty awful nonetheless.

^This kind of conclusion is just pathetic, especially if you haven't seen the film, but is very understandable if it's coming from someone who is heavily religious.

ArtofAngels said:

Garcian Smith said:

1) THE GOVERNMENT DID 9/11 and we have a few scintilla of proof which really doesn't stand up to the mounds of evidence stating otherwise but WE BELIEVE IT ANYWAY!!

2) CHRSTIANITY SUCKS!!!

3) Jewish INTERNATIONAL BANKERS SUCK!!!

..and add another:

4) QUESTION AUTHORITY (except for this movie which you shouldn't question at all because we have THE TRUTH)

I'll refer you to my original post:

If you haven't watched it yet you'd probably need to be of a mature age to fully understand and comprehend what your mind will be subjected to.

1. (first bolded part) Noone here sayes they belive everything the bible tells them, no one is trying to stuff a bible down your throat. Some belive in it others don´t, I don´t get why you are mentioning the bible in the first place.

2. (second bolded pert) If you read the hole thread you´ll find that he did watch Zeitgeist (which by the way is german and means "timeghost"...JK) he´s talking about a different movie which seems to be unrelated to Zeitgeist.

Oh and I´m sorry if I came of a little harsh, you can believe in whatever you want to as far as I`m concerned, it´s just that you assumed I was living a big fat lie when you have no idea what I believe in, that part got me angry... that and the image of you comming out of my screen punching me... so no hard feelings here ok ???

Thank you, Mr. Duderino.

AoA, I'm extremely disappointed in you. Never once have I attacked you throughout the entire thread, then you come at me with a response like that. Sounds an awful lot like the pot calling the kettle black. *sigh.*

Well, here. Let me clear things up.

As El Duderino stated, I was talking about a completely different movie that Rubang was asking about. A movie he referred to as "What the Bleep Do We Know?". By what I understand, it's another video with an obvious agenda that it does a poor job at presenting as plausible. He was asking if Zeitgeist was as bad as said video, and my response was that I hadn't seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?", but that Zeitgeist is still extremely off-base nonetheless.

As for your statement about the Bible, again, El Duderino is right. Nobody is trying to force Christianity on you or even tell you that Christianity is right. Rather, we're telling you that Zeitgeist is a pretty stupid reason to doubt Christianity. Personally, yes. I am a Christian. But I'm not telling you to be; I'm telling you to be as open-minded as you claim to be, and don't assume that since Zeitgeist presents a believable argument against Christianity that its argument is automatically right. Again, I'm not saying this because I want you to straight-up believe in Christianity. I'm just saying that it really gets on my nerves when people call me closed-minded, but they don't even take the time to be as open-minded as they claim they are. In today's society, "open-minded" means "believe anything that isn't from the Bible, and argue anything you can to say why the Bible is false, even if you don't actually have evidence whatsoever". Which doesn't sound very open at all.

SW-5120-1900-6153

i think im going too order some pizza

is it a good pizza movie?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.