By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I just watched Zeitgeist

thetonestarr said:
I'll agree - there are a large variety of atheist religions.

But, like I said before - it doesn't matter. There are a large variety of theist religions as well, from all parts of the spectrum, but that doesn't change how diverse they are, or how much any of them are a belief set - a religion. There are a billion people out there that claim Christianity, but they don't go to church, they don't pray, they don't read the Bible, etc. Hardly a practicing Christian, but they still have some sort of religious belief, a religious stance.

Just because an atheist doesn't practice traditional religious practices doesn't mean they aren't following some sort of religion.

You didn't read my post at all, did you?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Funny this topic should come up, in my engineering class last week i had a guest speaker come in and talk about 9/11 conspiracies and how Bush is the devil for about 3 hours. At the end he guided us over to zeitgesit and said "very good documentary it changed the way i see things! you should watch it and see how corrupt the government is" at that moment i broke into laughter along with 2 other students and was almost removed from the class =)

ph4nt said:
Funny this topic should come up, in my engineering class last week i had a guest speaker come in and talk about 9/11 conspiracies and how Bush is the devil for about 3 hours. At the end he guided us over to zeitgesit and said "very good documentary it changed the way i see things! you should watch it and see how corrupt the government is" at that moment i broke into laughter along with 2 other students and was almost removed from the class =)

A bit off-topic, but why was a guy blabbing about 9/11 conspiracies in an engineering class?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I watched a while ago. I believe it claims about the banks and gov't are possible but it's attack on religion I just simply brushed it off as foolishness as I do any other talk of that nature.

Garcian Smith said:

A bit off-topic, but why was a guy blabbing about 9/11 conspiracies in an engineering class?

Well he was supposed to come in and talk about ethics, which he did for about 5 minutes. If my professor didn't completely agree with him he would of probably been kicked out.